Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Your BH Internal Sound !!!



The first thing you need to do is not to blame others but yourself if your BH nests population is too little as compared to the number of birds staying in.

One of my favourite topic during my once every two months Swiftlet Farming Seminar is about "What You Should Know About Swiftlet Sounds."

I strongly believed that those who have little knowledge about the effect of sounds on those flying birds you will have a difficult tasks to populate your BH.

A good and right internal sound for example will seduce those young couples to quickly mate and once the sexual relation starts the couple will quickly start building their new nests.

However if you by accident, due your poor knowledge, use a wrong sound your young couples will stay in without having any desire to build and own a nest.

Good example is when you play those good external sound the whole night long or your internal sound is an external sound my mistake.

During these last few days I have been receiving lots of queries about BHs that have lots of birds inside but the number of nests inside were less than 10 percent of the total couples.

When I called and investigate about their problem the following were their answers:

1) Pak Harry I don't actually know what is the name of the internal sound.  My contractor was the one who install the sound and I leave everything to him to manage my BH.

My comment:  I think he leave the destiny of his investment to his contractor.  If one day that guy decide to end the relationship the owner will be left stranded with a heavy investment will no return of profit. He should take some initiative to learn more about swiftlet sounds and manage a library of his own.

2) Pak Harry, I used those external sound as my internal sound.  Those birds stays but the number of nests is too little.

My comment:  As far as I know only "BabyKing" sound can be used both as external and internal sound.  The rest will cause a kind of disaster.  Those birds tend to become super active all night long if your internal sound is the same as your external sound. They will not take position and they tend to make love with the tweeters and not their partner.

3) Pak Harry I play the external sound for 24 hours and never stop the sound at all.  My birds population are  about 200 but the number of nests is less than 10.

My comment:  Usually I will encourage the external sound to be stop somewhere between 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.  Main reason is to get those birds to change their position from clutching on the external sound tweeters to those internal sound tweeters. Once they anchored themselves onto those internal sound tweeters they will soon seduced to make love (subjected to hearing a good internal sound of course). So I asked this guy to stop his sound at about 8:00 pm and monitor the change within the next three months.

4) Pak Harry, I don't actually know how to differentiate between external and internal sound.  So I just play whatever sound that I wanted to.

My comment:  This person deserve when he prescribe.  "I don't know how to differentiate between internal and external." He is hoping for some kind of luck.  Every BH owner should learn how to differentiate between external and internal sound.  If you are not sure call 017 7551318.  The best is to come and attend my Seminar held every 2 months.  You will change your BH environment if you use the right sound as your internal sound.  Try not to make similar mistakes as others.

I remember an incident about 8 months ago when a BH owner from Yong Peng Johor called me about his BH birds strange behaviours.

"Pak Harry, I need your advise.  I have been counting the number of birds that entered my BH everyday for one week.  What happen here is that when the external sound stop at 8:00 pm all except 5 stayed.  Total number of birds entered were more than 100.  Please help !!!"

My advice to him was to quickly change the internal sound.

Now he asked "What internal sound should I changed it to?".

Try Super Babyking, I told him.

I sent the sound and immediately after installing the newly acquired sound he called back.

"Pak Harry, you are right.  Now the reverse is happening.  Only five flew out while the rest are staying inside.  Thank you Pak Harry."

You are welcome I told him.

The lesson from this interesting event is that you have to be very careful with your internal sound.

When you use the wrong sound those birds that have entered will fly out after your external sound is switched off.

Maybe you might want to share your experiences.  Please email your story to harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

No comments: