Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This Email From Ho Chi Ming City Is Interesting !!!




This email was send to me by a newbie who have never stop learning all those things that I have blogged:

Hi Harry,

I'm N from Hochiminh city, Vietnam. I met you 3 times with my friends and my husband ( 3 Vietnamese couple met you first time in August 2009). 


I have an one year operating BH and i follow most of your ideas. I think you are amazing professional and smart. I admire you. I read your blog every day. 

My BH sketch was advised by you, i used your zic zac LAL even though my Vietnamese sifu thought that i'm crazy. He thinks swiftlets can not find the way down with that LAL but he was wrong. 

I protected my decision because i definitely believe you. You're right. It worked very well. My birds stay most of 4 floors, except 3th floor quite little. 

I added 4 VIP room ( one in 4th floor, 2 in two sides of 3th floor and 1 in second floor) but only the one in 4th floor works well even though it's hottest because it's in highest floor. 

I don't know the reason why. Maybe because the good VIP room i opened door tin the middle, the rests i opened in left or right. 

What's about your opinion?

Firstly, last year i followed my Vietnamese sifu and used his plank ( that combined by wood and plastic). 


I install also many fake nests. At the begining, it's OK, There were about 40 couples stay in first 5months. 

But i recognized that they just made in fake nests. They couldn't make real nest because of slippery planks. 

My birds made a little and fly away. I had to decide to change all my planks by wood plank and stones. 

I finished my works in the end of May. 

After 4 months, now my BH is potential. There were about 20 real nests and 40 fake nests last month when i inspected. the best location are VIProom in 4th floor, first floor and second floor ( outside VIP room) . 

I'm very happy except some problems like some leaks or not good humidifier system. But yesterday i saw 2 snake skin in my BH. It means there are at least 2 snakes in my BH. 

What i have to do now Harry? Can you give me some advices? I wait for your opinion.

Best regard,


I rememberred when she came with her husbands and four others.  They engaged me for a one say session to learn in details about swiftlet farming.

The went back and started on their own and she seems to be very happy with what happened now.

How ever there are still many unknown things that happened that she don't know what to do.

I quickly replied to her so that it will comfort her with those problems in hand.

My gentle reply to her:




After digesting your problems I think these comments might be useful:

1) I am glad that you have been reading my blog and incorporate many of my ideas that were written.

2) Remember all my ideas are for you to try and not all will be good at every locations.  There can be some that are applicable at one location but not at other locations.

3) The possible reason why they are not occupying the 3rd floor can be due to the location of the LAL.  If you want my comment try to sketch the floor plan of your 4th floor so that I can see the LAL positioning and the partitions that you need to guide the bird to fly into the 4th floor.

4) One other possible reason is the morning light.  I think your entrance hole is facing the west.  If your entrance hole faces west the morning light will be a bit late to guide those birds out.  When this environment occur your birds will tend to stay closed to the floor that brings in more light and near to the entrance areas. You will have some difficulties to pull them to the VIP rooms especially the lower floors.

5) The fake nests seems to be very attractive to those birds.  Remember these fake nests are to be removed or relocate to other floors when they have been used more than two cycles.

6) If you found those snake skins I think they are inside your BH.  You need to try to find them and catch or kill them.  They normally hide behind those tweeters on the ceiling. You might want to sprinkle those yellow sulphur materials around your BH.  Snake don't like sulphur.

7) Yes if the nesting planks are too slippery or have lots of fungus those birds will not like them.  Need to monitor the fungus or replace the plastic to real wood.

8) The positioning of the door of your VIP room is linked more to the flying path.  If you have the flying path right you put it at the right. If otherwise use the left.  However to be on the safe side put it in the middle.

I hope the above comments made are good enough however I think you should not think of coming to KL again to refresh your ideas on how to get more birds into your BH.

Come down for a two days break and learn more from me.  There are a number of new ideas that I have created and maybe you can get them installed in your BH.

The best would be:

1) The use of Kite tweeters.

2) The last tango sound system.

3) Insect generating system.

4) The Mutiara aroma formulation.

5) The use of Super Pheromone.

Come to KL and join the fun and learn more new things.

Harry

No comments: