Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Experiment Using Two Different Shape Of Styrofoam Fake Nests !!!


The normal shape of styrofoam fake nests are those rectangular shape.

There is a very strong possibility that those birds might like a more shapely type for example the curved type.

The above picture was taken in a BH located somewhere in Bentong Pahang.

So what if you try to install both and see which one they prefer.

This was what I did at Lenggong BH.

I bought a couple of pieces of those styrofoam sheet about 2 feet by 4 feet about 1 inch thick and cut them into the required shape.

I used this so called styrofoam cutter using hot wire and battery operated.

Once my boys finished installing those wood crossings and cluster tweeters I quickly clean the nesting planks with mild salt water added with a few cc of super pheromone 2X liquid.

The moment the nesting planks were cleaned and dry I started the installation of those fake nests.

My focus were inside the two VIP rooms.

The 3rd floor was with the curved shaped fake nests while the rectangular shape were at the 4th floor.

To make them more attractive I applied a layer of the super pheromone 2X liquid onto some of the test Styrofoams.

Give the BH about three to four months and let see which type that they love most.

I think they do not have any preferences.

Most important I think will be those that were applied with the Pheromone or not.

Let us see how they react.

If they prefer the shape type, we should from now on use the curved design.

The method of cutting them into shape is pretty simple.

If you wish to know how to please call me at 017 7551318

No comments: