Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

King Cobra Inside Lembah Bujang BH Compound !!!

(I found a King Cobra in a BH compound at Lembah Bujang)


What else can you expect when you try to clean the BH surrounding ???

What about a King Cobra? This is true and let be remind you please clear those bushes around your BH.

During my weekend I took my wife home and this is where I will sneak out to visit this BH at Lambah Bujang in Merbok Kedah.

The BH owner literary handed over the BH to me to nurse it since it was critically ill or sick and under ICU breathing apparatus.

Before handing over I was told that the BH was put into operation for almost 1.5 years and with only 12 nests.

He tried almost every thing and after failing almost everything he called me for some help.

At first I thought he wanted me to do the normal thing like inspection and revamp but his was dead serious to hand it over to me in total.

I was very reluctant due to its location but after much persuasion I told him let me think about it.

I took almost one long month to give him the okay answer and he told me to prepare the hand over agreement.

We agreed and he signed the hand over papers with his wife becoming the witness.

He signed over not one unit but three units.

He literary give up his more than 2 million worth of investment and wanted a BH doctor to nurse the three BHs.

Among the three I found out that the one in Lembah Bujang was the most exciting and easy to handle.

I visited the BH a number of times and watch the number of birds playing at the main entrance hole opening.

The number was not much, maybe 200-300, but more to it was a BH just next to the fence.

It was clear that there is a very strong chance to be rehabilitated.

Yesterday June 30th 2014 I rented a JCB tractor with its driver to clear that land.

Half a day should do and got him over first thing in the morning.

The one acre of land around this BH was fenced up using those bricks walls.

However inside the compound there were too many of those shrubs and small trees.

I did asked the owner is he was using the land to breed snakes and he said no.

Well I suspected so and then the tractor driver confirmed my suspicion.

"Sir, there is a big king cobra that can stand almost 3 feet above the ground."  he was breathing hard when he told me about it.

Oh ya a big cobra and I am going to clear all those shrubs and perhaps plant some Papaya, Durian Belanda (SourSop), figs trees and maybe open up a pond.

The papaya will be for their fruit for insect production (short term).

The figs trees will be a good insect generator (Long term).

A water pond will be a marvelous idea to draw those birds over to this BH.

The Soursop will be for me and the BH owner.  It seems that Soursop is very expensive in the market (Ringgit 15 per kilo) and it also have lots of health benefits.

Just take a good look at the land clearing works done:















No comments: