Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Weekend and I Enjoyed Every Minute!!!!


I went back to SPatani for the weekend and I am sure all of you out there knows what I was up to.

Busy with those birdhouses. My BH padlocks was taken down and the main electrical fuses were stolen. Luckily the house was not broken into.

Overall the BH is in good shape and there are reasonable number of birds staying in after those hot season.

The next day was in Bukit Mertajam looking at some shortcomings on the BH at Tanah Liat.

The owner reported to me the status and wanted some minor adjustments to draw the birds in. The house main problem was the two openings that allows the birds to enter one hole and immediately exit at the other hole.

Make a very close observations from 6pm till 8pm. Their entering patterns were the same where they enter one hole and exit at the other.

The best was to shut the opening on the top to stop them from running away. At the same time the internal lighting can be 100% darker.

One more observation was that those birds have a very consistent flying pattern in the evening.

The first batch at about 4.30 to 5.30 pm they tend to fly very high. The the second batch flew in a slightly lower at around 5.30pm till 7.20pm. The final batch is the most exciting. They flew just above the BH roof.

I was contemplating of installing the steel bazooka that I brought along with me.

Since the owner was away I told myself to be there on Monday.

On Monday morning visited Sungai Bakap and met an old friend active in swiftlet farming. He seem to be progressing very well. Started bird nest processing business beside his current optical shop.

On the way to BM stop at Juru to have a good look at a shop house under renovation. The owner met me about three months ago and was toying the BH conversion idea. I told him that I will be very glad to be of help.

Last week he broke the news. "Harry I have gone ahead with the conversion and please drop by for some advises."

After listing those pertinent points left for BM.

My helper was there to erect the steel racks and lucky this time the owner was around.

We went ahead as planned to rewire the tweeters, cover the top opening and install a hexagonal tower.

Set the sound system and told the owner to observe what happened.

On the way back to KL called back for latest development.

"Harry it works. I am so glad that you came out with these special ideas."

I told him to keep track with the development. I might be back this weekend.

I was thinking of pushing those insect breeding barn ideas and perhaps upgrade the aroma that I have been using for the house.
My main problem is who is going to absorb the cost to contruct those barn?


No comments: