Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Crows Are Scared Of Swiftlet Birdcall Sound !!!

The moment the bird call sound "Duress" was played all the crows "Cabut".
This was something that happened a few week ago when I was showing a newbie on how to operate the bird call gadget.

I was at Taman Tun Doktor Ismail with Mr.Dil. He was a newbie from the area and have some plans to conduct some tests in Pekan Pahang.

We met and I brought a brand new gadget for him. Before handing over the gadget I suggested that I show him how to operate the unit.

We went to his car, which was parked below a tree full of those black crow.

The moment duress sound was played all those crows flew away from the trees. I was unsure why but the duress sound must be irritating to their ear and makes them take covers.

It dawn upon me that if all the trees that are used by these crows are fitted with some tweeters and everyday the sound are programmed to run between 7.00pm till 10.00pm the Bandar Raya can easily scares the birds away.

A very interesting idea and I hope our KL Mayor will take note of this interesting method to shoe away those pests.

1 comment:

Ben Gan said...

Hey! Why not write to the KL Mayor to inform him of what you have observed. In doing so, you will be giving them a special gift and doing a good job for the country.
Who knows, a year from now, you may actually be a Datuk. Keep up your good job, Harry.

Best wishes