Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Merlimau New BH After Just Three Weeks !!!


Today went down to Melaka with two purposes.

Visited a newly launched stand alone BH and a new DIY birdhouse is Sungai Rambai.

The stand alone unit was big and the owner decided to open only the third floor and the second. The ground floor was left open for future expansion. He was actually looking at ways to cut down his initial cost.

I agreed with him to concentrate on the two upper floors of 40' X 80'. If all the ceiling floor are occupied there are lots of kilograms to harvest , I told him.

This particular BH was put into operational mode about three weeks ago.

I did not give much hope since those cement smell were too thick.

To my surprise there were more then six bird shit spots on the floor. Better still was when we entered the new BH today there were two birds flying above our heads.

Hmm ...... this might be a jack pot for him.

Three weeks with six spots and a brand new stand alone BH.


I used my "Black Cloud" for one of the external sound. Not bad for a new BH.

All the six spots were below those tweeters. Four were below the external sound playing tweeters and the other two were the internal sound playing tweeters.

Mybe I should ask him to put more external sound playing tweeters for this beginning stage. Will call him tomorrow to advise on the issue.


Well after a good visit we applied about 30 kilograms of fresh bird shits. I also spray some of those special aroma on selected nesting planks and walls.

Reset the timers on those external sounds and when I was about to leave play the "Black Cloud". No doubt the moment this special sound was played a couples of birds flew above and a few entered the BH.

The second birdhouse, a DIY, was about 10 minutes drive from Merlimau.

Met the owner and he took me and a friend to the uncompleted BH. The building was on the third floor building stage.


Hmm ....... I was called in after the first and 2nd floor was nearly completed. I can see why..... Lots of things that were not right and pointed to the owner.

Since the building was under construction it was difficult to pin point on any major faults. Hope to write a short report on some of the items that I discussed during the teh tarik session.

Most interesting was to see how those light weight bricks were manufactured. The owner engaged a contractor who knows how to manufacture those bricks at site.

I managed to take home with me two of the bricks for my reference or sample to show to any new BH owners.

The brick was 18" X 8" X 4". Each slab is about RM 4.00 a piece.

The advantage will be on the heat insulation characteristics however it is very soft and easy to cut through. The bricks were very light. I was surprised when half of the brick was tossed into a pool of water it floated.


How heavy can it be? If it is so light then there is no need to spend money on piling.

The time you take to erect the wall can be reduced by more then half. Just imagine using a normal brick of 8"X4"x3". Your worker need to handle one by one of those bricks to apply those plaster binders to lock them in place.

One more point to add is the cement binder can be greatly minimised thus lesser cement smell in your new BH.

A marvellous idea that I am very fortunate to stumble into.

He is selling those machines to manufacture these bricks. What about RM 20K?

No comments: