Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2009

Raub Shock Aroma And Sound Therapy !!!


Remember my Raub job in converting a "Sick" BH back to its normal self?

Today I make follow up trip to check the progress of the BH and to apply my "Shock Aroma Therapy" plus sound change.

Last visit was about 2 months ago. At that time there were about four bird shits spots.

Now the number surged to 23. One fully formed nests and about three fake nests with permanent tenants.


I was not that happy with the progress but the owner think otherwise.

"Harry before you took over there were non. I was operating the BH for 11 long months. There were nothing. Zip not a single sign of bird shits and now every time I come over there were lots of swiftlet flying on the my BH rooftop and also inside the house. The number of bird shits spots is excellent and the number of nests are improving. You have done more then what I asked for.
Thank you Harry."


Well Mr L, I was expecting double the number of nests and bird shits spots. I want you to be much happier then what it is now.

Oh yes I heard your wife died of cancer a week before Chinese New Year. Now you are looking after your three young kids and a BH. How do you find without a beloved wife?

This trip I brought along with me some new aromas and I can guarantee you that those birds will get crazy jumping in the house this evening and perhaps for a few weeks.

I hope whatever I will do today will result in more nests and bird shit spots. Trust me for I will do my utmost best for the sake of our friendship and the trust you have given to me.

So I took my things and aroma up and into the BH. Before entering the BH I stop both external and internal then switched on the nesting rooms lights. Stay about 5 minutes before making my way into the BH.

Before entering can hear those birds still inside making the keking sound. Come on please get out now. I have only two hours to finish my work.

The darkness level, when the lights were off, were exceptionally good. I feel very proud with the modifications that I suggested when I first took over. The hygrostat was working and priming the two humidifiers.

I checked the bird shit spots. There were many small patches too. The larger ones, perhaps more then 25, but will do the detail checking later.

Now let me get the aluminium ladder and start applying the first aroma onto those fake nests. This first aroma is actually a gel made of nest dust. I soaked it with warm water for 24 hours before I came over.

Got one full container and I believed it will be very useful to attract those young birds to move to the area that I selected. Balance I applied to the cement walls just below the nesting planks.

I then started to get the second aroma ready. This organic aroma I got from Kota Bahru. The smell from the black dust is awesome. I love the smell when I was pouring about one kilo into a pail. I then pour about 8 liters of tap water and stir. Before doing this I bought a few plastic containers, flat type, and pour the solution into about 5 separate containers. The smell from the organic materials was very nice as if I was the birds.

I was not satisfied with the 5 containers, which I placed at the back of the nesting room. I then decided to make the entrance areas more attractive. I told myself that the best is to mix another load and pour them into the pool area. Let the smell be vented out to the roof top.

I have one more aroma that I got from a friend from Tangkak Johore. His sister got it across to me and I brought along for the most exciting event of the day. I am dead sure that this particular aroma will make those birds crazy. Yes they did. I cannot tell this aroma's formula unless you call me for the information.

Well that was still not enough. After the aroma application I then concentrate on the external sound. I need to pull those birds on to the roof top and let them smell those cocktail that I have just applied.

I got one new sound from Kota Bahru. I called is "KB Stallion". The moment the sound was played, unbelievable, those birds were all over. The number continued to increase and many jump into the BH.

I am not very sure the main attraction for those birds. I believed the combinations but those aroma cocktail might be a very good reason.

By 6.00pm the owner dropped by and he too became so excited and started to compare between his BH and the other friends on the other row of shops.

"Harry, I think more are with us then my friend BH. Wonderful Harry."

Nothing to complain and I hope you like what I am doing.

The shock aroma therapy is working and I hope by the next three weeks we will see double or triple digit percent increase. I assured him.

Mr.L I bought a few manila white card boards and cut them into 6 pieces. I have placed all the 18 on the top of those old bird shit spots . Hopefully there will good signs when those fresh shits are captured by the board.

Let us hope for the very best.......

1 comment:

Ben Gan said...

Harry,
You have been to so many bird houses. Thus, you have with you a special kind of aroma that is unique in your body. Just the presence of you will bring in the birds. That's why the more frequent you visit a BH, the more birds fly in.
You are surely the King of the birds!

Your blog is becoming more and more interesting and informative. Your have done a great job for the swiftlet industry in the country. Keep going, we are watching your every move.