Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2009

Very Rare Black Nest Maximus Breading In BH !!!



I saw this picture on the wall of a BH outlet shop in Kota Bahru, Kelantan.

The moment I saw the picture I took some picture with my camera and at the same time observed that the nest is unusual and built on a nesting plank.

Hmm........ this is very strange and unusual.

The nest, I am 100% sure, is those made by maximus and not faciphagus. But how come found in a house?

I am sure there must be some explanation and to reconfirm my suspicion I ask the shop owner about the picture.


"Yes Harry they were taken in Kelantan and in a BH. So you are surprised? I was too because it is very very rare to have maximus building their nest in BH. They usually breed only in cave."

"I suspect that this couple must have be a stray one and lost their way to go back to their cave."

Things can happen and as I always told myself from day one, try not to be too regid with my beliefs. There are lots of strange things that are the opposite of what we read in the books or being told by our "Sifu". They might be right but you can never take for granted. You need to be open minded and accept the fact that on rare occasion there are things that are the opposite.

This is very true in Swiftlet Farming. Trust me !!!!

No comments: