Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Burglary Sign On The Roof Top !!!



This time I was up on the roof top of a BH in Kuantan, Pahang trying to look at the roof condition and decide on what to do to protect those direct sunlight onto the roof.

I was also keen to look at the neighbors BHs and what type of entrance holes were they using.

Overall the roof looks okay with no sign of serious corrosion.  However it would be appropriate to apply a layer of weather shield paint.

The monkey house structure looks okay but the previous tenant destroyed a number of those cement board covers.

The best was a sign showing a kind of entry left by a burglar. It looks as it he entered the neighbor's BH via the unit I was on.

The zinc wall was torn from the outside leading inside.

The affected neighbor now display a serious signs of electrical shock if you dare to enter.  There were about four CCTV cameras focusing of the bird entrance areas.

Well to me I will be happy with some traps that will hinder them from entering the house until it is filled to the maximum number.

I will than employ a security company to monitor the house on a 24 hours basis.

If your BH is being burglarized, not too often,  you know that your BH now has reached a successful status.

Yes you are now a successful BH owner.  The burglar recognized it and you should be proud of your new Bh owner status.

When he steal all your nests, he is actually helping you to conduct your first "force harvest" operation.

The nests numbers will shortly  increase, just because they feel insecure,  by at least 20-30% and that will a very high jump within less then three short months.

If you are lucky you might get 75% jump like what happened to one of my blog reader who carried out the "force harvest" himself.

I remembered very well about one year ago when he called and shouting at me as if I did something wrong to him:

"Pak Harry, you lied to me about the forced harvest result.  You said that after force harvest my nest population will increase by 20-30%.  How come my BH after I did the force harvest the nest numbers jumped by 75%?.  He he he ....."

He was giggling on the other side.

I was a bit shocked in the beginning but later realized that he was pulling my leg.

"Sorry Pak Harry I was just joking but the truth was that the nest numbers jumped dramatically.  I would like to thank you for the advise and from now on I will carry out the force harvest at least once a year."

He is still my good friend and will always call if he needed someone to talk to. 

That was the truth and I am glad that my observation and recommendations do help this guy to get what he wanted most.

To me Force Harvest is something that you need to do on a routine basis.  Try to choose the right time and minimize the possibility of causing to much harm to those young birds.

If you can try to combine the "Force Harvest" with another recommended procedure called "Positive Regeneration".  I wrote about it in my other posting, try to find it and read it carefully.

The whole idea is to help your BH to remain healthy and those nests keep multiplying.



No comments: