Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Am A Strong Believer In Dual Entrance Holes !!!

On the way to Setiawan, a few days ago, a blog reader residing in USA called.

"Pak Harry, I know you are on your way to Setiawan, Perak.  I need your help.  I bought a three and half stories building some time back at Kampong Koh and I wanted you to have a look at the building.  Please recommend how to get the building turn into a BH?"

That was how this article will start.

After the Seminar, on my way back to Kuala Lumpur, I arranged with the owner's sister to open the doors to the top most most.

I have with me Mr.D and the two father and son Vietnamese friends.

We did some investigation and you will be surprised that the Vietnamese both father and son were climbing all over the place following whatever I did.

I took a good look at the surroundings and I was not surprised that there were at least three neighbors already converted their units into BHs.

Two were professionally done complete with new extension on the top most floor while one was a make shift operation.

Well after 45 minutes of my time I came back and drawn up my idea of how to transform the roof top and the top most floor into BH.

My idea was to extend the roof top so that the unit will be at par with the two enterprising neighbors but with a monkey house.  Both neighbors did not have any monkey house.

The monkey house shall have two entrance holes diagonally.

My next interesting idea was a tunnel to pull the birds down to the lowest floor using a tunnel.

If you look at my simple sketch you will find that this BH will have dual entry hole types.  Two side entry holes and one top entry hole.

Yes dual hole is said to accelerate your nest population by three times.

If each of my neighbor has 100 nest within 12 months, my design will gives 300 nests (Please don't be carried away.  This is just a prediction.)

If you observe John Cheng BH in various locations, all his BH has two entrances, the side and top.

During the early stages the young birds will choose the side entrances.

However after they have matured they prefer the top entries.  It is much easier and faster to kamikaze into an opening on the roof top.

This will be something new to many but if you are given the opportunity try to consider this proven method.



No comments: