Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Magnificient: May 7th 2011 Swiftlet Farming Seminar At One World Hotel


The number of newbies who turned up at One World Hotel, PJ for my May 7th Swiftlet Farming Seminar was 30 person plus a few invited guests.

There were at least 5 Vietnamese, one Dutch (amoh), two Indonesians and the rest Malaysian.

Among the many I felt very strange to see a white Dutch guy sitting at the front row listening to every words that I said.

He seems to be my top student and he managed to learn so much from me so much so he cornered me for more before and after the seminar.

His story on how he got involved in swiftlet farming was one of the most weird.

He took 12 years to get his BH to have 750 swiftlet nests and 600 Serinti nests.

He never knew until today that there is such thing as external and internal sounds.

The strange thing was that he never give up and be lured those wild birds using no sound but used the cross fostering technique.

After I told him about the male and female eggs he realized that the eggs suppliers must have cheated him by supplying only those eggs producing only male.  That might be the reason why he needed 12 years.....He he he......

The first year, with no knowledge at all, he got only one miserable nest.

The second year increased to 2 nests, the third year got 100% increased to 4 nests and then on he got more and more.

He lost his source of income 7 years ago when his food outlet in Bali Indonesia were badly hit when the Bali bombing takes place. 

With little money in his pocket he decided to leave home to work with someone in Holland leaving his BH under the care of a good friend.

Now after realizing the full potential of swiftlet farming and at the same got pissed off with his workers he wanted to be a Swiftlet Farmer on a full time.

Never attended any seminar before and after my seminar he now realized what a big mistakes of not deploying any sound at the BH.

I am happy to see so many smiling faces after the seminar was over.

"Harry, I called my Mom and Wife to wish them happy Mother's Day and I told them that I learned so much from you.  They were very happy to know about it."

I managed share all the experiences and new technologies that I have discovered so far.

My motto is do not give up and use latest technologies plus effective sounds to lure those wild birds.

His planned now is to double is current nests population of 750 to 1500 within the next 12 months.

I was not surprised when he forked out some EU dollar for all those sounds and new gadgets from me.























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks Pak Harry,

the best swiftlet farming seminar i ever attended. you are indeed the best swiftlet sifu in malaysia.