Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Number of Birds Entering Your BH Is Dependence On How Good Is Your External Sound !!!!

This article I wanted to touch on how important are those external sounds that you choose to be used to pull those wild birds into your BH.

Remember I installed a set of CCTV cameras system with the ability to transmit the pictures to my mobile phone and home PC?

After getting the system in placed I have also installed sound auto changer with six different sounds attached to the USB probes.

Main function of the auto changer is to allow different sounds to be played once a signal is activated.

For this particular testing period I am using a standard system with the use of a digital timer to change from one sound to the other on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of the week.

I set the activation time of 0:00 hours and once the change of the sound signal is affected it will set back to off at 0:01 on those three days.

I locked in the six sounds and set the amplifier playing time to my preferred time of play.

For the last few days, I have be observing the activities both outside and inside to watch the exact happening so that I can plan my next steps forward.

The result so far are as follows:

1) The auto sound changer works very well if those thumb drives are the right one.  If it is not compatible with the amplifier I used, it will not read the sounds.

2) The number of birds stopping by on the roof and entering is dependent on the sound you played.  If the sound is good they will response positively and if not good the number of them responding is very little.

3) A good sound will pull those birds from the flying path in the morning and the evening.  They will hover above the monkey house and many will enter the monkey house entrance holes.

4) In the morning most of them with enter the nesting room and will explore the rooms for some good minutes and later will fly out to proceed with their food hunting.

5) The duration of their stay inside the BH is dependence on how good the sound being played.  They tend to stay longer minutes if the sound is very good but will not even bothered to enter if the sound is not attractive.

6) The morning visit is something that actually help the birds to familiarize with their flying path from the entrance hole into the VIP room.  I believed they will get them self familiar to the angle of flying from one room to the other to avoid any possibilities of bagging the walls.

7) My only problem is when a no good sound is being played.  There were very little activities and how I wish I can remotely send a signal and move to the next good sound from my house.


I have been in contact with the developer and I am quite sure he can find a simple way to use a hand phone to send the signal to the auto changer.

Once this remote activation is in place I think from then on I will be able to constantly operate my BH with the best sounds that I have in my collection.

Keep your finger crossed.

No comments: