Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Possible Reason Why Those Birds Refuse To Enter Your BH !!!

What can be the possible reasons why those birds refuse to enter the entrance hole even the sound draws so many to the hole?

I discovered something by accident during my last trip to Beaufort, Sabah recently.

It was rather strange to see those birds responding pretty well with my good external sound however not one entered the entrance hole.

In the beginning I thought it must be the volume but after reducing the volume they still refuse to enter the hole.

This observation was done when I was at a BH in Beaufort, Sabah.

When I arrived I took some time to look at various things that were fixed by my friend's workers.

They screwed about six large tweeters at both the two entrance hole in the monkey house. All the six tweeters were at the outside of the entrance hole and not one in the inside.

I was not very fussy about the orientation but what happened next make me realized that they need to be very precise where to put them.

After setting up those amplifiers I told the owner's representative that I would like to test the sound system.

When one of my precious sound was played I can see a sudden surge in swiftlet responding.  What surprised me was that not one bird entered the hole.

Oh God, now what !!!

I shook my head in disbelieved and started to use all my experiences to figure out why they behave so unusual.

Even lowering the sound volume they refuses to enter. It seems that they refuse to enter both holes.

Why, why and why !!!

Hmm......there must be something not right with those tweeters arrangement.  Somebody up there keep telling me and I think he was right.


I immediately stop the sound test and got hold of those workers up to the monkey house.

To test my prediction I told myself I decided to rearrange only one window and keep the second hole as it was.

What I did was to reduce the number of tweeters to four but they were moved deeper into the monkey house.  Currently they were screwed too far outside the window.

After getting them precisely where they should be I resumed the test.

This time they started to move in, only the adjusted window,  but not many.

I told my helper to lower the sound volume. Immediately when the volume were lowered to a reasonable level nearly all rushed in.

However the other window with no adjustment simply did not attract any to enter.

The lesson from this is that you must be precised where to install those tweeters.

The birds have the tendency to go to those tweeters and if they are too closed to the wall perimeter they will not enter the BH.

Beside proper tweeter's positioning the sound volume need to be carefully adjusted.

Too high the volume will bounce the birds away from entering the hole.

You need to keep learning and precision on all these small things might be the reasons why your BH are empty.

No comments: