Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tobacco Leaves Drying Is A Dying Business !!!



I was up early at about 4:30 am on May 27th, 2011.

The reason being I have an early inspection at a place about 2 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur.

My special client in a Tobacco Leave Curer.

This sound very exciting.  The first time that a tobacco leaves curer interested in swiftlet farming.

I reached Sungai Ruan Raub Pahang on the dot. He was still at home.  After a cup of fresh coffee at one of the Malay shop just beside his land he came over to let me take a look at his piece of land.

I learned that the tobacco business was inherited from his grand father.  It seems that the type of tobacco he deal with is not for those cigarette making but chewing.

"Pak Harry only those old generation chew tobacco leaves and when these old people dies my business is doomed.  A dying business I must say and I need to look at various options on how to use the building and the land.  The best I think is swiftlet farming."

Just at the entrance door of his land there were four red bricks building that are unused and he wanted to try using them.

Since this is the first time I was not 100% sure if the building is a safe bet.

I quickly pulled my test gadget and test to see if there are birds around the land.

The owner was very amused with the respond from the gadget.  There were about 100 plus birds that responded and I am sure there are a lot more if the time was right.

After a 2 hours deliberation he let me continue my journey to Kuantan.

There is a very strong possibility and he need to perhaps modify the drying house accordingly.

Please enjoy looking at some pictures taken:










No comments: