Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

From Very Far He Turned Up Precisely On The Dot !!!



"Pak Harry, I am very happy and grateful to be able to meet you in person. I have been following your blog for many months and dying to meet you and at last I am here in front of some one whom I admired very much."

His name was Mr Tan from Batu Pahat, Johor.

He was very early and waited for me patiently.

All in all he wanted to personally meet me in person and learn about Mutiara Aroma.

I was very touched with his enthusiasm.

"I came to KL last night and put a night with my relative.  It was worth every minutes to be here with you.  You have taught me many things and it was you who help me in silence."

I feel so honoured and very happy for him.

I never realised that my blog has inspired so many people but I keep telling him that my main reason was to spear head the term "Sharing".

Before I started blogging about swiftlet farming, very few people wanted to share their experiences.

That was in 2007.  Now we have many who followed my foot step.

If we have more people who are willing to share I am sure we can learn more from all of them.

Each of us have our own speciality or gift.  If you used them to help the industry it will help all of us.

I have been doing this for many years and so far I have no regrets for all the time spend doing the research and reporting them on my blog.

My objective is still the same.

"I wanted to reduce the swiftlet industry failure rate by about 3-5 %."

This objective is still clear in my mind and no matter what people say or stab me from the back, I will stay to that objective.

I will continue doing my research on any new things that will help to improve the industry and I hope one day I will have everything that can make any BH a success.

All you need is to follow the list of things that I have discovered.

As at today the following can be useful to all who wanted to get more birds inside their BH:

1) Make sure the location you choose have a lot of swiftlet flying over it both in the morning and evening.

2) Make sure you determine the precise flying path direction in the evening.

3) You BH entrance hole must be facing the flying path.  Put the main entrance hole at the front where the birds are flying home.

4) You need consider opening a secondary exit hole facing the east.  This will allow the morning sunlight to enter your monkey house.

5) Locate your LAL (lubang antara lantai) at the spot where most of the birds (100% if you can) will fly above it both during coming into and flying out of the BH.

6) Introduce the VIP room concept.  This will be where your tenant will stay.  Every floor you need to have at least one room.

7) The sound system is the heart of your BH.  Make sure they are carefully selected and suitable for your BH.

8) Choose the right external and internal sounds for your locality.  Test them before using.  A good external sound will pull all those swiftlet to your entrance hole.  A good internal sound will prevent those birds from flying out the moment your external sound is switched off at night.

9) If you want the birds to enter your nesting room you must install enough external sound playing tweeter to guide them from the entrance hole to the nesting room.  Do not assume that they will enter but put your effort in luring them into the nesting room.

10) Look at proper using of both chandelier and kite tweeters.  They can help to keep those birds from flying out. Learned how to use them effectively.

11) Install enough fake nests to help those wild birds to start their family.  Once they used these fake nests for two breeding cycle remove them.

12) Give what they love to have.  If they love 90* corners give some, it they like 130* corners also give it to them.  If they like tweeters also give them.

13) Keep your nesting room moist all the time.  If you can install those wet floor system.

14) Avoid entering your BH too frequent.  Make a schedule but for a new BH try to stay out for at least 3 months unless really necessary.

15) Beside the internal environment, you need to also look at the surrounding.  Try to put some effort to plant trees that can produce insect.  Also make some water pond(s) around your BH.

16) During the phase one you might want to run an insect generating barn.  Have it somewhere near the entrance hole.

17) Condition your BH with Mutiara Aroma for at least 4 -6 consecutive days.  There after every 3 - 4 weeks once.

18) Use more of those cluster tweeters.

19) You must know how to block the sunlight from shining into the nesting room.  The best method to check it the light is adequate or not is to stand in front of some thing about 2 feet away and you cannot see it.

20) Never install a pond on the top of your BH.  Once it leak, your BH is doomed.

21) Make sure your BH is not infiltrated my those owl.  Once they entered or worst still when they move in as your tenant, your BH will be in a disaster state.  2/3 of your swiftlet will be gone in a matter of weeks.  If you remove the owl, you need to reactivate your BH from ground zero.

22) You BH internal temperature must never be above 31*C.  You need to plan carefully to minimize the heat from the sun.  Try to adopt the 2 walls and cover your roof with a layer of roofing.

If you wish to learn me come and attend my seminar this November 5th 2011.

No comments: