Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Super Bully Syndrome !!!!

I remembered an article I wrote about one year ago about a strange phenomena where a BH owner find it hard to accept the fact that his BH only has one miserable nest for more than two years.

He did not suspected anything strange but could not understand why there were no new tenant day by day.

After being so angry with the performance he captured the only couple who stayed in his house and eliminate them.

What happened next was something unusual.

The next few days he got new tenants that keep multiplying nearly everyday.

What he initially suspected was true.  The couple that he killed were a king bully that chased away any new visitors who came in to inspect the BH.

I thought that story was a myth and never bother to use that in any of my seminar.

Today a blog reader wrote to me about his similar experience but this time he saw what really happened in a BH using those CCTV camera.

This was what he SMS to me today:

Quote:

Pak Harry, thank u so much because from your blog I learnt about this strange problem.  My uncle informed me after I asked him to observe one swiftlet.  This bird is a loner and a bully.  It tend to chase vigerously any new visitor about 15 birds that tried to enter the BH for inspection. It will continue chasing until they leave the BH. What shall I do with it if I should catch the bully?

Unquote:

I told him to "kill the bastard" (Oops Sorry for being so hard).

The lesson from this is clear.  If you have a few nests and they are not multiplying then there must be some possibilities that there is a serious big bullies in your BH.

Try to monitor those current tenants and see if they are chasing away those new potential tenants/visitors.

Once you have determined that they are chasing away your new tenants you need to think of getting them out of your BH.

I term this empty BH as "Super Bully Syndrome".

No comments: