Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This Is Not Possible But Maybe !!!

"Pak Harry, I have some problem with my BH.  During my last visit to my BH I found a number of swiftlet with no body but their head and legs.  What can be the culprit?"

This was posted to me by one of my Seminar participant last Saturday at One World Hotel.

I was very sure it might be those rats.

I asked him to set some trap inside his BH.

At the same time I told him to hang some net, maybe those bat?

After returning to his home town he send me this with the title:  I caught the culprit?

Just look at what he send to me:


I was a bit surprised.

This looks like a flying fox.  They normally feed on fruits and insect.

I am not very sure if they feed on swiftlet.

If anyone out there can confirm that flying fox do eat swiftlet please email to me at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

If this is true, you better start fixing some nets around your BH.

Latest as at September 15th, 2011:

The sad news from the person who send the fox picture is:  Yes It Is True.

The flying fox which we always assumed that are not carnivorous is carnivorous.

The owner of the BH indicated that he got with him some video clips to confirm the actions how two of the foxes chase after those poor swiftlet and eat them.

I am waiting for the clip to be shared with all those who have never seen one.

The sad thing is that we have to add one more animal onto our list of predators.

The signs on the floor is when you see lots of dead birds with no body but only their head and two legs.

No comments: