Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A BH With Nesting Space For Serinti Birds !!!




"Pak Harry I have allocated a space for those Serinti birds." a BH owner told me.

In the first place I asked him why?

"They used to occupy the area and I think I should allow them to retain their territory.  Who knows one day I might want to follow your idea to cross foster using those walit eggs."  he answered.

This guy must be a very intelligent guy and must have followed my blog everyday.

"Yes I read your blog every day in fact every morning before I start my day." he reaffirmed.

"I feel sad if there is no new article after a few days.  Life is a bit boring without reading your stories."

I think he was pulling my leg.

The moment I entered his BH that was waiting for my finishing touch he took me to the back of the BH and showed me those serinti bird shit (two bags) and their nests (one bag).

When I looked up on the ceiling there were two nesting planks that was ready to receive those Serinti birds.

"Okay you are unusual because not many BH owners who bother to think like you do.  Once they start using your nesting area you can start looking at how to cross foster their eggs using walit eggs."  I told him.

"I might want to learn how to do the cross fostering from you Pak Harry."  He answered.

Well I am not an expert in cross fostering but I will give some important ideas on how to work on it, I promised him.

During one of the lunch hour I happened to pass a beach front area with lots of those pine trees (Cemara trees).

I stop the driver and allow me to take two branches of the Cemara.

Upon arrival I cut each branch into three pieces and bundle them together.

I tied them using a string and latch them onto a pole that was facing the Serinti nesting room.

"What was that for Pak Harry?"

Well when the leaves dried it will be a good building materials for those Serinti.

If they are thankful enough they will be your tenant soon.








No comments: