Thursday, May 31, 2012
Janda Baik: A Job Well Done !!!
The Janda Baik BH plank installation plus its sound system took me about 8 days to finish.
The BH was handed over to its owner yesterday (May 26th, 2012) and I finally packed my stuff plus my two workers back to Subang.
My comments on this BH on the top of the hill are as follows:
1) The BH design was a bit weird however it wall pretty well done. The owner claimed that he designed it using his little knowledge plus some references made on the internet. I told him that he could have done better if he understand more about those swiftlet.
2) The distance between the entrance hole to the nesting area was a bit too far. The birds need to travel almost two stairs before arriving its nesting rooms.
3) The BH was said to be double walls thus the heat inside was okay plus the fact that it was located on a hill side. My two workers who stayed inside the house during the revamp works told me how cold it was at night.
4) The BH was a bit too short and it was pretty challenging to cut the light inside the nesting rooms. The partitioning walls need to be properly design to ensure that the birds will come inside the room but it needs to block the light to the maximum.
5) The total amount of nesting plank used was only 1400 feet. The ceiling of each floor were installed with those ceiling boards and it make works easier.
6) The number of internal tweeters were closed to 320 pieces.
7) There were at least 25 cluster tweeters per floor.
8) The number of chandeliers were 4 pieces.
9) The total number of external sound tweeters was 25 pieces.
10) This BH was with the last tango system where a total of 8 power tweeters were used for high volume sound daily from 5pm till 7:30pm.
11) The BH was also installed with a total of 120 fake nests (180* and 90*).
12) I make special effort to install about 24 pieces of perfume garden bottles laced with raw nests.
13) The Mutiara aroma was applied twice before I left and told the owner to apply once a day for the next three days.
14) The Mutiara aroma was prepared at the BH. They are freshly made and give a more strong smell.
15) The BH will be installed with those insect generating system. The technique will pass over to the owner and it have be proven that the nest population can increase at a faster rate.
16) The Fendona insecticide were sprayed one time on the outside of the BH.
17) Two latest modelled chicken coop humidifier controlled by an auto sensor were installed in the house.
18) The sound amplifiers uses four units of my new solid state amplifiers.
19) I used Pukau as its external and Superbaby king as the internal sounds.
20) Activated those water drain around the BH.
I am happy that the revamp works was over within less than 8 days.
Now need a short rest before my next job, maybe at Kuala Krai, Kelantan.
at May 31, 2012