Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Weirdest Among All BHs I Ever Visited !!!





The weirdest BH I ever visited in my entire life.


The sound system were literary made of PVC pipes.


I don't really know where this BH owner got the idea but we should give him an A plus for his strange idea.


Just imagine if this strange idea works, those piezoelectric tweeters factories will shut down.


The irony is that he never was a sound engineer.


I was busy preparing my stuff to finish a BH in Janda Baik when I received a call from a BH owner whose BH was in Kuala Krai, Kelantan.


Kuala Krai used to be a hot spot for swiftlet farming. (In swiftlet farming terms a 'hot spot' is defined as a location when one can get about 700 to 1000 nests within 12 months).


"Yes what can I do for you Mr.L?"


I remembered one time he drop by at my shop and bought a couple of amplifiers.  Yes those Nikkodo 5201.


After that he got very excited when he said that the number of birds entering his new BH was about 60-70 birds.


"Pak Harry I wanted to have lunch with you like today."


Okay I told him.


During lunch he started talking about his problems on his BH.


"Pak Harry now only 500 nests less the two zeros (only 5 nests) and no birds are entering any more."


There must be something not right, I told him.


"Actually I did something unusual with my BH.  That was after the sound system were not functioning. Those wires were not functioning and I took a bold step to deploy my new and strange invention."


Hmmm......something interesting and I keep wondering what kind of invention was he talking about.


"I don't want to tell you now but you can come and see if you wish to."


I took his invitation to visit his BH and the moment I entered I was shock with words.


"What the hell are those PVC pipes doing on your nesting planks?"


At first glance I thought he was trying to cool the nesting plank with chilled water however at the tail ends of those pipe there were these cluster of 4 tweeters without the front nozzle.


I ask him what the hell are those pipes and 4 tweeters does.


"Pak Harry that was what I was trying to tell you.  My own invention which I tried."


Crazy ideas comes from crazy people.


All swiftlet farmers are pretty crazy and we laughed.


I told him in my entire life I have never seen such drastic way of using pipe as the sound medium.


He is crazy and even his closed friend admitted to me that this guy is crazy.


"Pak Harry what do you think we should do?" he then asked.


The best is to get rid of all these piping and go back to the less crazy idea.  Yes the normal 2"x5" tweeter about 1.30 each.


I will try to revamp to its original position and this time I will use those high quality wires.


It was a strange but interesting experience.


Those of you who would like to visit this BH please call 017 7551318 before I start the tearing down exercise soon.










No comments: