Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Increase Your Chance To Populate By Installing More Fake Nests !!!


Something that was never done before.

Installation of fake nests made of 90* corner covers all over the perimeter of the nesting rooms.

This was what happened when I landed at Miri Sarawak airport on Saturday May 12th 2012.

The moment I arrived I was received by an ardent blog follower who wanted my personal touch on his newly converted BH.

"Pak Harry welcome to Miri and let us start our day by going to a sawmill to collect some corner covers."

Well he took me to a reasonable size sawmill and picked up a sack full of wood cuttings that he claimed to be those nesting cover wood being cut to turn them into fake nests.

"Who gave you the idea?" I asked him.

"Who else? It was from your blog." he answered. Click here

Yes I remembered writing an article about the various types of fake nests that you can install in your BH and one of then is made of wood.

On the second day of helping him with his BH I completed the installation of 50 plastic fake nest and about 25 cemara fake nests.

"Pak Harry what should we do with those wooden nest that we collected yesterday?"  he wanted my answer.

Hmmm.... I told him, "Why don't we install as many as we can at the perimeter of the nesting room?"

I told him how I wanted it to be and started the work just to see how it will looked like.

After finishing a corner I asked his view.

"It looks good Pak Harry.  You really know how to create something new."  he smiled.

Just have a look at these pictures and you will know why he was happy with my latest idea of creating an artistic creation that can catch those wild birds attention.

All you need is to cut a piece of 90* corner covers into 4 pieces.

To minimize possible breakages you drill a small hole to use as the point to stick those screw.

Once those screws are inserted you can start attaching the fake nests onto the nesting plank on the perimeter.

You can make it straight or crooked but I chose something like wavy.

After finishing the job I told myself this new idea can be use in any other BHs whose owner is innovative.

Enjoy viewing and learn something about how to draw more birds into your BH.















No comments: