Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

It Is Better To Revamp Your BH Before Starting Those Insect Barn !!!



"Pak Harry how about the Insect Barn?" Asked a BH owner in Muar, Johor.

Madam, from what I can see you need to upgrade your BH first.  You should consider the insect barn  for your next stage of populating your BH, I sincerely told her.

Your BH now is not in a healthy position.  There are so many flaws and  needs immediate ratification.

Some are minor however some are major.

I told her to focus on the rooms darkness.

The rule of the thumb I told her was to stand two feet apart and make sure you cannot see each other.

First thing to do will be to reduce those light coming from those ventilation holes 90* elbows.

All the elbows were not provided with any extension pipes, about 3 feet, so that those extra light can be block.

Perhaps you should closed a few by choosing to open on a random basis, I stressed to her.

The next issue was on the creation of partition to create VIP rooms.  The top floor was al right but the 3rd and 2nd need to have those additional partitions.

The next point of interest was to clean all those planks in the VIP rooms and perhaps install about 3 rows of crossings in each beam box.  The idea was to create more 90* crossings.

Once those 90* crosses were created she need to create those cluster tweeters, I push this beautiful idea to her.  Get those 45* angled nesting corners and nail them on the 90* corners.

She can then install those 2"X5" tweeters on the corner planks installed at least on random basis.

How about increasing the number of fake nests inside your VIP rooms.  Reason being nearly all those fake nests installed earlier were all occupied.

The rule of the thumb I told her was that for every 10 pieces 2-3 pieces will be occupied within a very short time.  In her case nearly all installed inside those rooms were taken.

 I forgot to advise her to install two fake nests at the side of each of those nests that are occupied.  This technique will help to lure those young birds to stay beside their parent.

The insect barn is something that you can do on the next stage when you have settled down with the internal revamp works I told her.

From what I can observed, the birds are pretty big which means there are lots on insect in the surrounding areas.  The whole area around the BH were those palm oil plantation.

Any way I promised her that I shall be available to start the insect barn once the revamp works are completed.

She was so pleased with my explanations and I hope her BH will be back to normal.

No comments: