Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Small Chit Chat With A Family About Swiftlet Farming !!!



It is very interesting but sad to know how BH owners keep to themselves and refuse to share their findings.

I received a call from a young man who wanted me to deliver a canister of the Super Pheromone.

I did not realized that he brought with him his dad and mother.

I have never met them before but I was very excited to see the whole family was there just to meet me in person.

After a short introduction I came to know that the young man mother has a sister who operated a BH about a few feet away from their BH.

"My sister have met you before and after meeting with you her BH now is doing well and harvesting about 1 Kg a month." she was stressing a point here.

"What have you told them until they suddenly have a much improved BH compare to before meeting you." she wanted to know more.

At first I could not remember who she was referring to.

After some time I remembered a couple I met me about 1.5 years ago asking for help about their BH.

They met me because their BH was not performing well and at the same time some strange visitors were leaving some dead swiftlet on the floor.

I suspected it could be due to either rats or owl.

I might be wrong but they told me that they have someone to shoot some hawks after my first meeting.

Beside this small advise I told them how to get more birds to enter their BH plus getting them to use a few of my good sounds.

Now they have improved however they give very little advise to a relative who have the worst number of nests among the many in the same row of shot houses.

This was how I came to know that this family have a relative who did not share much about what they did with their BH.

Anyway I was very glad to have met the whole family and we sat down almost three hours talking about what could be the problems with their BH and what they should try to do.

Beside the Super Pheromone I advised them to perhaps relocate the hexagonal tweeter, make their VIP room darker, install more fake nests and at the same time change the external and internal sounds.

If within a few months there is no improvement just invite me to visit the BH.

Well I stressed to them that my main mission is to help the swiftlet farming industry especially the upstream sector.

I am here to help and if given the chance I will be very glad to give a helping hand.

Call me for any advise or your BH inspection.

My number is 017 7551318.

No comments: