Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sedili BH : My First Visit After The Revamp Operation !!!




After almost three months I finally managed to squeeze my time to make a trip to Sedili, Johor.

The owner was very excited to check the BH progress and I was feeling the same.

The moment I arrived I could not help my self to look the BH rooftop.

There were five other BHs around it and only ours were with activities.

The rest were dead as if there is no bird in their area.

The owner confirmed the same and I know why.

What I did on the roof area and the monkey house were working.

I used two external sounds and both seems to be attractive.

The best was yet to come.

We open the door and entered for the first time after about 3 months.

The top most floor recorded the most number of bird shit spots about 50 ++.

The middle floor was about 30 odd while the bottom floor was only 10.

I told the owner that the number of spots on the floor was encouraging but I am not very happy that there was none with wings feathers.

I told the BH owner that his tenants are not mating.

I was not sure why but maybe not in mating season or they need more time.

There will be markings on the nesting planks once there are at least 4-6 feathers from the female wings.

The feathers actually indicate that the male tendency to remove those feathers so that the spouse will be defective and easier to chase.

This will allows copulation to be done in the air or during flight.

Those defective female will not be able to fly faster than the male.

I told the owner to give a few more weeks and hopefully they will start the mating cycle.

The owner took note of my comment and happy that his BH now is alive.

It used to be empty with very little signs of birds entering his BH.

I hope those markings will transform into nests soon.

Or else I am in deep trouble (joking).

Those who would like to visit this BH during my next trip please call 017 7551318 for appointment.

Have a good look at these two pictures:


(The top most floor with a row of bird shit spots below those cluster tweeters)

(The middle floor)

(Bird shit spots at the wall areas)





No comments: