Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Figs Bud Started To Shoot Out Leaves !!!!

(Try to see if you can find the figs tree?) 


Remember those Figs tree stems that I air layered?

After a few short days after harvesting, those young bud bloom with young leaves.


(A young bud) 


 (It started to Bloom)

I was happy to see them bloom and those young leaves looks nice.

I have posted a few to KK, Tawau and Kuching.

Two of the extras were given to UPM to grow at their faculty ground.

The rest was taken to Dengkil where I planted them direct to the ground.

There is where the problem starts.

The weather was freaking hot and the young rooted stems need to be properly shed.

I was thinking of what to do with very little things around me.

Well after looking at the surroundings I came to this idea of how to shed those planted young trees.

Why no break some branches from nearby tree and poke them into the ground so that those green leaves will prevent direct sunlight.

Hmm... not a bad idea at all.

Well after setting them up soaked the whole area with a number of pails of water and added a bottle of water water with one small hole in its cap.

The water can draw out and wet the area for some period of time.

This will help the ground areas to be wet for at least a few days before my next visit.

Well let is hope that the young tree will grow or else it will be wasted.

I need to plant more of these figs trees around this BH at Dengkil.

The owner take no notice of me doing this but I just wanted to give his BH a long term insect generating system.

If a few of these figs trees come into fruiting the number of figs warps will be in a couple of millions.

Those swiftlet will have a fine time to harvest their food.

Those who wanted to get some of the young figs trees let me know.

I will be grafting or air layered more in the nest few weeks.

It takes about 60 days or so to have enough roots for replanting.

Call me if you wanted to try having some around your BH.

My number is 017 7551318.





(I planted it at Dengkil but covered with some leaves)


(Now you can see where it is)
 

(A new idea to supply water to it)


No comments: