Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Natural Lake Nearby Might Be The Reason !!!


Visited one of the two BHs located somewhere at Karak.

The one erected closed to a natural lake is doing fined but could be better.

After almost one and half years into operation this BH shows a lot of improvements.

If not because of the problems associated with its sound system the number of birds might be more.

Thanks to the natural lake just beside it.

The dual entrance BH at Karak is showing many  positive signs.

I told the owner that the nest population can hit 300 nests within the next 12 months.

The reason being the BH now has a lot of birds with full shaped nests plus two times more as markings.

They are now entering the elevated section of the top most floor and there were lots of bird shit spots on the floor.

I designed this BH with an elevated VIP room at the back of the third floor.

I have a kind of gut feeling that there will be more nests if a proper grade is carried out.

My first task will be to upgrade the amplifiers to a higher and better quality.

My only problem here is that this BH is using solar power.  There are not many high rated amplifiers that operate on  DC current.

Each floor will have a dedicated amplifier.

The next will be to replace all those external sound tweeters that are faulty.

The two hexagonal tweeters might needs some kind of inspection and if not functioning need to be replaced.

I also plan to clean all those planks that were effected by fungus.  Not many but still there were a few.

I would combine the cleaning with the application of super pheromone liquid and I am cock sure there will be a very strong chance to see a better result.

The top floor room darkness need some attention.  The two connecting doors from the main entrance windows might need a proper walls to reduce the light intensity.

I told the owner about the implementation of force harvest. She was unsure about it but perhaps we should try.

The number of nests now are climbing higher and the time has come to harvest them.

I was a bit disappointed that the lower floor was empty and reason being the external and internal sound seems to have been disconnected.

During my Major Maintenance operation something have to be done to pull those birds downstairs.

I think this BH is doing well and better than the neighboring BHs.

At this juncture I need the owner's consent to proceed with a proper maintenance works.

You are welcome to visit the BH during the maintenance operation.

Call 017 755118 if you are keen to come and learn.



No comments: