Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

One External Sound Tweeter, That's It !!!




I was reviewing some of those pictures taken inside a BH in Cenih, Kemaman.

This BH was about 2 years old plus but the number of nest is one.

This is the most expensive nest ever.

What could be the problem since there is nothing wrong with its location, on a piece of land with many birds flying above it everyday?

I could see why.

The BH actually operated with only one external sound tweeter.

Have a look at the picture closely.

Even though it has two openings but the main window has only one tweeter.

The hole on the roof has no tweeter.

(one tweeter  only and there were a number of bars)



Simple baffle with this kind of design.

The second thing which you can closely observed is the main window is lined with a number of bars.

The gap between them is so small until no swiftlet can enter.

Its original purpose is to stop those owl from entering.

Whats the point of stopping those owl from the side window while the roof opening was not shut with any bars?

Very weird and unusual.

Try to learn from this bad design.

If your BH experience owl attacks you need to be practical and take lots of consideration of the effects of blocking the owl and at the same time blocking your tenants.

Look at a more practical method than fixing those bars so closed to each other.

If I were the owner I will opt for those lighting above the main hole, those sharp spikes, electrical wires on the roof areas and maybe an owl trap.

There is nothing wrong to install those bars but they must not be to tight until no swiftlet can enter.

Anyway I have submitted my proposal to revamp this BH.

Once confirm I will not only remove those bars but widen the hole to 3 feet wide by 4 feet high.

I will insert a wood frame around the window, install those spikes and light above the window.

On the roof I will line four wires with electrical power passing thru.

I did include the installation of an owl clamp inside the monkey house.

Let us hope that the owner will confirm accepting my proposal and once that is obtain you are invited to come and work with me.

Call 017 7551318 as soon as you heard news about it.

No comments: