Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Kuala Rompin BH: The Only Way Is To Be Different !!!
When you BH is in an area with 27 other BHs and competing to lure the same number of birds found around an area, I think you should try to be different.
You need to think of all the things that will be the most attractive to lure those wild birds into your BH.
You cannot be sympathetic to your neighbors when you are new.
Once your BH is full to the brim there will be a king of spill over. Those new birds that have no where to erect their BH might move to those BHs nearby.
This spill overs will benefits your neighbors.
For the beginning you need to opt for something different from the rest.
For this Kuala Rompin BH I am pushing the owner to go with a monkey house construction.
There are a number of benefits and his BH might be the most preferred unit in the area.
1) Usually those young birds are attracted more to the monkey structure.
They love to play at those external sound tweeters and at the same time they like to circle the monkey house structure. If you make a close observation you will find this very peculiar behavior where they will start to chase each other the moment they are closed to the external sound tweeters. It might be due to territorial but it might be due to male chasing the female.
2) Young birds prefer the side entries more than the top entries. This is my own statement or conclusion. I might not be 100% right but this is what I kind of observed. The side entry have this kind of environment when these young birds can play around the tweeters and latch onto them.
3) The monkey house allows the sound system to cover more areas. If you monkey house is raised by 7 feet above the rest you can imagine how your sound will be transmitted. I planned to install at least one hexagonal tweeter above the main entrance hole. This will allows the external sound to cover 360 degrees angled. The top entry without any hexagonal will only cover the space above the mouth of the hole.
4) The monkey house will have at least two entrance windows. The most important will be the one facing bird's flying path while the second is towards the morning sun (East). The one towards the flying path will be the main entrance hole. There is a very strong possibility of opening a third hole facing the unit which is currently the most successful owned by the developer.
5) With the monkey house structure this BH will be the only unit using the elevated structure. The rest are using the top entrance system. The advantage will be the one with extra height.
The monkey house most probably will be using steel frames and covered with zinc (coated with foam) walls.
The owner wanted me to source around Kuala Rompin for a steel forming workshop company.
If you know one please call this number :0177551318.