Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2014

Met A BH Owner With His Mom !!!


(Not this BH)


This BH owner owned a BH in Kuala Lipis, Pahang.

I received a call from him recently wanting to meet me and discuss about those owls attack problems.

This afternoon after arriving from my 4.5 hours drive, from Sungai Patani to Kuala Lumpur, met him and his mother at Ampang Park.

I was a but early and waited for 30 minutes.

The moment they arrived they told me about a few things that happened inside their BH and wanted my comments.

The first was about the effect of those fake nests sprayed with Super Pheromone.

They have already installed about 200 and sprayed with a canister of the pheromone.

So far the result is satisfactory.

A lot of these fake nests seems to be occupied by those young couples.

I explained about how and why these fake nests are useful.

The best for now is to continue spraying but they should be a bit more agressive.

I proposed to them on the application of the NKS (Nest Kick Start) method.

During your next trip try to get ready a number of ready fake nests and a canister of pheromone.

When you see a fresh bird shit spots on the floor, take a ladder and climb up to the possible place that they have been staying.

Check for any markings and once found you need to deploy those fake nest.

Screw a unit just below those markings.

Once done spray the pheromone.

Move around and try to locate more of these markings (fresh bird shit spots) on the floor and repeat the method.

I assured them that within the next couple of weeks they will occupy the fake nest.

If they leave some markings on the fake nest installed, you need to spray the pheromone one more time.

I guarantee them that within the next few weeks the nest will be completed and if they are lucky there will be an egg or two.

The NKS method is good for a new BH.

It helps those young couples to start building their nest.

The second concern was about those owls.

The discovered the owls shits and vomit on the BH floors.

An auto gate was order but wanted to ask what else can be done.

My recommendation was to deploy electrical fencing or shock line.

The cost to install is way cheaper as compared to auto gate system.

Beside the shock electrical line they should also deploy those owl clam,

The best is to install at least two to three deterrent to those owls.

One last item that they wanted my help was to compete with their neighbors.

There were a few that are doing very well but not theirs.

My advise to them is to let me make a trip and take a good look at the BH inside and outside.

Once that is done I might be able to recommend when to upgrade and what to do next.

Currently they are not doing the right thing and based on so many advises from so many people.

I told them to monitor their BH for a couple more months and if the nests numbers are not moving call me to drop by for a formal inspection.

I hope they listen to my advise because I know I am good in identifying their BH problems.

No comments: