Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pak Harry, Good News And Bad News !!!

(Somewhere at Broga this BH was attacked by owls)

I was on my way back from Sungai Patani to Kuala Lumpur.

Suddenly my phone blip a couple of times.

Must be someone calling for some problems.

I was right a guy who owned a BH at Broga Selangor send a number of pictures from his BH.

Those pictures showed owl shits all over the floor especially at the entrance areas.

The moment I saw the pictures I told him that those shits are not from swiftlet but something big.

I suspected owl but who knows what.

I purposely called the owner and ask him how is his BH.

"Pak Harry I got some good news and some bad news." he replied.

I inspected his BH about 4-5 months ago and listed all the things that he should do.

One of the most important recommendation was to install a hexagonal tweeter above his main entrance hole.

Also put some power tweeters around the top entry hole walls.

Also recommended the erection of a few walls inside his nesting rooms to darken the areas.

He did one by one on his owned but he changed the sounds to my sound collection.

Okay this was the good news.

"Pak Harry I did nearly everything that you recommended and yes the number of nests now jump up greatly.  On the 3rd floor VIP room many new bird shit spots, outdoor VIP room also have new bird shit.  Second floor bird shit also have increased. I now want you to come for your final inspection and I promised to pay your fee plus give you a big "makan"."

My conclusion was that those recommendations works and the nests numbers are improving.

If it was not so I don't think he will offer me a big  dinner.

Now the bad news.

His BH is being invaded by owls.

They left a lot of their bird shit.

Again I listed to them what they should do.

The best is of course to wire up those areas where these unwanted visitors will perch before entering the nesting rooms.

Use an inverter to supply the current to shock them.

Also try to add those clamp traps on the walls around the top entrance areas.

The trap will catch them if they are not careful.

Those electrical wires once being touched will scare the hell of the owls.

The moment they feel the electrical shock they will not dare to enter the BH.

I told them to wire the entrance hole too.

The wire should allow those swiftlet to enter but not those owls.










No comments: