Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Rembau BH: The Owner Finally Upgrade His BH With A Monkey House !!!





Yesterday saw a miss called and contacted the caller.

"Yes, what can I do for you?' I asked him.

"Harry this coming Monday I have a contractor to erect the monkey house as per your recommendation.  Can you be around to advise what to do?" he replied.

Good at least he listeedn to my advise.

His BH have been revamped and operated for almost 6 months.

The number of new nests were there but not that many.

During my last trip I discovered that his BH was under attack by owls.

The AC to DC  inverter install by him was not functioning.

There were owl shits and their vomit balls all over the floors.

I told him to fix the inverter or perhaps get a new set.

During this meeting with him I advised him that he should think of installing a monkey house.

A steel structure covered with those cladded zinc plates (with foam) will do a good thing to his BH.

Remember there are 26 more BHs around his area and they are fighting among each other.

All these BHs are with the same top entrance designed.

The only way to be different from the rest is to erect a Monkey house.

The entrance holes will be facing the east (one of them) while the other facing the flying path if we know which direction they fly home.

There are many advantages to have the monkey house.

One for sure is that those young birds prefer to play at the monkey house entrance hole and the same time like to circle the monkey house structure.

They love to play chasing each other when they get near the entrance hole.

One more thing to benefit from the Monkey house is the amount of light.

You have lesser light entering the main entrance hole areas especially below the monkey house.

With lesser light you have better environment inside your BH.

He seems to be happy with my recommendations.

I will be at Rembau this Monday.

If you are free please call me for a visit.

No comments: