Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2014

Something Extra Ordinary On How To Fertilize My Orchard In Bujang !!!



I was told about this word symbiotic where nearly all tree roots have a kind of relationship with fungi.

The fungi help to gather more food and water and the tree roots provide the fungi with its favourite food Carbohydrates.

A very new thing which change my understanding about how a tree works.

All these while I thought those fungi are dangerous to any form of decaying wood or leaves.

Now this new relationship between the two (tree roots and fungi) make me wanting to try at Bujang orchard.

Managed to discover where to purchase the fungi spores in Kuala Lumpur and the seller have agreed to allow me to collect on Monday 15 December 2014.

It comes in a 25 kg bag and the spores are being mixed with soil and ready to apply.

My plan is to carry out some test and at the same time will try to cultivate the spores so that I can reapply on other trees in the orchard.

First thing to do is to effectively apply this fungus (mycorrhizal) to get them to the roots of all those trees in the orchard.

My method is to mix the fungi with water and pour them around the tree trunks.

The soil around the trunk base need to be poked with holes so that the fungi solution be able to be absorbed and easily reaching the roots.

Let see how the fungi will help to push the trees to grow at a much faster rates.

The next thing that I wanted to do is to multiply these fungi by using some of those grass.

The idea here is to cultivate the fungi in those plastic containers using those grass.

I will use about 10 plastic bags about 10" in diameter with a depth of about 1'.

Mix the soft soil with about 1/4 kg of the fungi laced with soil.

Put them into this plastic bag and plant those special grass.

The filled bags will be kept at a place where the sun are not too bright.

Once the grass grew well at least 2 months old, the grass top will be removed leaving only the roots.

These roots will have a lot of these fungi for use on those fruit trees.

Something new and I am looking forward to see how it will effect the fruit trees.

For more readings about mycorrhizal fungi please click here

No comments: