His main complain was that after 5 years into operation his BH only managed to have 80 nests.
What can be the reasons why his BH is not producing the right number.
Frankly if his BH was done properly he should now have about 1600 nests or roughly about 13 kilograms.
If he harvest 1/3 per month that should be 4.3 kilograms.
In financial returns it will be about RM 7,500 a month.
Not a bad return of investment after 5 years.
If he knows what to do by next years he should be able to double the total number of nests. Yes from 1600 he should be able to push them up to 3200 nests.
However, that never happened.
"Pak Harry after 5 years the nests number reached only 80 nests and stop growing."
What can be the issues?
I asked him to perhaps sent me some pictures so that I can give him some clues.
The pictures he send looks something like these:
I quickly send a number of reasons that I think his BH is not doing well:
1) Obviously it is too bright. The main entrance hole seems to be allowing too much light from the top entry area.
2) The number of tweeters around the main entrance hole window was not proper and not adequate.
3) There was not a single humidifier seen on all the pictures submitted.
4) There was no water pipe to wet the BH.
5) The number of internal and external sound tweeters were not enough.
6) His nesting planks have very little cross woods.
7) One of the partition was wrongly erected.
8) The internal tweeters seems to be wrongly installed.
With 80 nests now, he can easily double the nests number within 8 months if he knows what he should do.
At the moment let him do some soul searching what to do with his BH.
I can only list the problems but he need to find the answers.
Hope he will contact me again to do the needful.
October 5th 2015 he finally decided to call for my inspection services. I don't think he got so many choices to choose from.
Most so called BH consultants have closed shop and I was made to understand many are now kitchen helpers or they called themselves CHEF.