Monday, October 26, 2015
Tasik Glugor Penang BH: Something Went Bad After 6 Years With Only 20 Nests !!!!
I was reminded about going to Tasik Glugor for a BH inspection.
The person who arranged attended my Swiftlet Farming Talk way back in December 2014 at TH Hotel Penang.
Unfortunately he was unable to be with me and when I was on the phone with the BH owner he too was on the way to Kuala Lumpur.
After about 5 minutes the owner called me to tell me he badly need of my views about his BH and arranged to have his worker to meet me up.
I told him that was fined with me and make a 35 minutes drive to his BH.
This BH is very closed to a padi field but both 4 sides were with residential owners.
A very negative point since he have to be very careful with the external sound loudness.
I also discovered that his main entrance hole was facing the South.
My preferred direction is towards the morning sun (East).
Based on the wrong LMB facing direction 80% of 20 current tenants were on the top most floor and the 3rd floor.
His biggest nightmare was the frequent visit of barn owls.
His workers confirmed of catching 4 of them and they still visit the BH off and on.
The owl shit/urine markings were all over the monkey house walls.
I was surprised that these markings were not properly cleaned by the owner.
Usually the urine smell of these owls are prohibitive.
The number of tweeters both internal and internal were not that many in fact not adequate.
There was no gadget to attract those young couples to stay.
Everything that you can see are similar to all those failed BHs.
It is sad that the owner came to a dead end and don't know what to do now.
His only hope is on me to come out with how to salvage or reactivate his BH.
I know the methods to reactivate but the surroundings will be a great challenge.
What I plan to modify are as follows:
1) I need him to focus on only two floors. The top most floor and the 3rd floor. Main purpose is to keep his revamp cost the barest minimum.
2) The best choice right now is to relocate the main LMB to face the padi field. There are lesser residential houses thus allowing him to play a bit louder external sounds.
3) The two affected floors need some kind of realignment. I think the current walls are not properly put at the right place. They need to be relocated or perhaps remove in total. I will come out with the possible solutions.
4) The number of internal and external sound tweeters inside this BH need some kind of increment. I am looking at installing about 1 internal sound tweeter per square meter.
5) More external sound tweeters to be precisely located on the walls, doors and nesting planks to draw as many birds as possible to fly to the extreme back of the nesting rooms.
6) One core gadget to be made available inside those nesting rooms will be the fake nests. They will be installed to the ways of swiftlet liking. Once install will spray super pheromone liquid on each of them.
7) All nesting planks need cleaning and apply with super pheromone 2X liquid. First I will clean them with mild salt water and once dried will apply a layer of super pheromone.
8) The best way to attract many birds inside this BH is to install as many AG 35 tweeters as its internal sound tweeters. Will propose to the owner to have about 100 pieces for his benefit.
9) The current amplifiers looks very old and timely to upgrade both the external and internal sound playing amplifiers.
10) One very weird observation at this BH was the response from swiftlet using many of my external sounds. They give zero response except for KingKongDewa. I am not impressed however another test have to be conducted.