During my first visit to this BH above a coffee shop, I was very disturbed with the way the BH layout was done.
It was more like doing it cheaply and hope for the very best.
After almost 6 years the nests inside seems to be stagnant and maybe in reverse gear.
The BH was very dry and many young birds were trapped at those cracks.
I told the owner how and what I felt about his BH.
"If I am those birds I too will find another place to raise my family".
The BH was with no water source and not a single humidifier machine.
Six years without any drop of water inside.
However I told him that he was very lucky to have discovered me.
Might be another case of "God Sent" phenomena.
Once inspected I wrote my visit report for him to digest.
I pin pointed what his BH was facing and what will happen if he keep it going without doing any thing.
Once he digested my report he (less then two days) called and told me that he has made a decision.
He wanted me to mobilize to site on an urgent basis.
I thought he will throw away my report and keep doing nothing.
My idea about what should be done inside his BH were as follows:
1) He need to quickly bring water into his BH. He was supposed to do it himself.
2) I will install a mist pump system with 15 nozzles and wet his BH floors.
3) I noticed that his BH floor layout was not to my requirement. There were too few partition walls and most of the nesting room areas were too bright. I told him my initial idea, The main nesting room which was divided into two rooms need to be realigned and I prefer only one main room.
4) However I came out with a new idea to create a VVIP room that will be where those birds will love to stay. Yes inside the main VIP room at one of the wall I erected a smaller room that will be the center of activities soon.
5) The front part need to be modified and suitable walls to be erected to prevent those bright lights.
6) One part of the nesting floor was suitable for another VIP room. This became the second VIP room.
7) The hall area which will also be a good nesting areas is in the middle and larger then the two VIP rooms,
8) The open roof area was not properly installed with the right type of tweeters. I told him that I will install at least one hexagonal tweeter, one mini bazooka and four water proof tweeters.
This BH will be the most up to date BH and I believed all those birds staying closed by will move in soon.
The evident is very clear.
On the first night it already attracted at least 400-500 birds.
Have a look at the floor layout.