Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Kluang BH: There Were Plenty Of Signs That The Birds Love Fake Nests Inside !!!

(A full nest on a fake nest made of paper)

Kluang BH revamp operation is over and I handed over the BH to its owner yesterday at about 3;00 pm.

I was dead tired and started my 4 hours journey back to Kuala Lumpur.

Before leaving the BH the owner came and installed a cctv camera.

Well I think it was a good decision if he wanted to see what is happening inside his BH.

For this posting I wanted to touch base on how to detect what those birds likes in a BH.

Prior to my revamp works I will take some time to observe where those birds likes to make their nests.

Do they prefer inside those rooms or outside the room or very closed to the main entrance hole.

Do they like those fake nests (if the BH owner installed them).

Do they like 90* corners?

How many of them erect their nests on the straight plank areas?

And many more that come to my mind.

One observation made at Kluang BH were those fake nests made of paper.

The owner must have learned from a blog or a book.

He cut a small piece of normal white paper and fold them up into fake nests.

He stapled them directly onto the nesting planks.

I counted the number at around 30 pieces.

Out of 30 I saw about 10 pieces were occupied.

Very impressive.

10 out of 30 is 1/3 or 33,33%.

What do you think will happen if he install say 100 pieces?

If you use the same percentage of 33.33% he might harvest about 33 nests.

I think 33 is a better number as compared to just 10 pieces.

What I was trying to teach you all about fake nests are the followings:

1) If you installed let say 10 pieces for a trial and the result is say 3 pieces occupied within say 1-2 months, you know that you have a 30% chances of getting those birds on all those fake nests.

2) If that is the result, I recommend that you install more fake nests.  How about increase it to 100 pieces?

3) If you installed 100 and 30 of them are occupied don't you think you are not richer by another 27 nests?

The lesson here is to study their behaviors and put more if they love something.

Fake nest is a simple gadget that will lure those young couples to be your permanent tenants.

This BH now has about 200 fake nests installed.

So I estimate that within the next six months about 60 of them will be will tenants.

If this BH owner is lucky maybe 100 of the 200 will be occupied.

Let me monitor its progress and report for you all to think deeply about this simple idea.


(Nearly all 90* corners were installed and at the left or right side of those tweeters too)


Note:  Try to learn where to precisely install them.  If I were you try to spray super pheromone of them on a regular basis.

Have a good look at some pictures recently taken inside Kluang BH.












No comments: