Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Any Other Ways To Choose The Right External Sound??

I was on the way back to my Apartment when I received a call from my blog reader from Johor.

"Harry I need your help to get the right external sound for my Birdhouse. Currently the house is empty and no birds wanted to enter the house."

Hmmm ..........

This is nothing unusual and I am sure there is something wrong with the sound that she is using.

How old is your new BH?

"About 5 months old." She said.

Have you tried using my Black Cloud?

"Yes but I was not very sure how to operate it. I am desperate to get the birds into my BH."

That is very sad and I am sure I can try to come out with something for her and hubby.

What I actually have in mind is mind blowing. I told her that the best method is to test all the external sounds that I have with me.

I will carry with me about 200 sounds and try one by one. From the 200 maybe 5 to 10 will be effective.

The effective sound shall be retested for the second time to eliminate those that are not that good among the 5-10.

Once that is completed then I will get them to use the new sound.

Perhaps I will let them have at least three of the 5-10 effective sounds chosen.

I told her that this is my contribution to lend a hand but there is some cost to it.

Told her to think carefully and call me if she is agreeable with my terms and conditions.

My cost is marginal and there is no guarantee that there is a quick solution.

My gut feeling is that among the 200 there must be some that are effective.

Those that face a similar problem you should think of doing the same. There is no need to call Harry but get someone that can help you to do what I have outlined above.

With luck and god helps I am sure there will be an answer......

Best of luck to all .........................


2 comments:

K L said...

Harry,
How long do you test each sound ? 15 min? 30 min? 1 day? 1 week? or few weeks ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Kl,

Each sound about 5 minutes but maximum 15 minutes.

First round U need to check if the sound attract any of those wild birds. Once there are some response then tag them for the 2nd testing operation.

The 2nd test U can play slightly longer. Hope the above are of help.
Harry