Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2009

Garis Panduan Menternak Sarang Burung !!!

I received a call from Mr Y who informed me about those smearing campaign at Low Yat.

It seem that those who wrote about me do not have a true picture of what I am doing.

To tell the truth I have been very vocal during the JPPD meeting (in KL). The sad thing is that the person who wrote the Garis Panduan have very little knowledge about what Swiftlet Farming.

The draft was written and been discussed but yet to be accepted.

During the meeting I told them that the best thing for them to do is to firstly get those are directly involved to be given a fair chance to voice their opinions. Get those BHs owners associations together and let them be informed of the Garis Paduan. Allow them to give their opinions.

I also mentioned about the lack of qualified personnel to handle the implementation of various clauses in the Garis Panduan.

I stressed to them the are lots of people out there who depend on this god gift business and please be considerate.

I make a point not to allow the Mukah Disaster to happen again. It is no good to the country and also owners.

If this business collapse there will be lots of suffering inclusive the Local Council (less collection on cukai pintu).

I told them then these birds have this special homing behaviours that when they choose a house they will remain in that house forever until they die.

I quoted a example which happened in Bentong where a BH owner closed his house in total and lots of birds cling to the walls and die.

The decision to give a specific period to move out is not my idea. The idea was from the person who wrote the paper. There must be some reasons to this tough requirement but I do hope this matter will be something that the association to plead with the local council.

I was invited as an observer and not to represent any associations but I voice a lot of opinions for the BH owners. I put my neck for all the BH owners but what do I get? People stabbing my back. What a bunch of craps?

I do not wish to talk big about what I have done but trust me I am also a bird house owner. If the Garis Paduan is implemented I will be directly affected.

It is not fare for those who are not in the meeting to slander my name. I am just a normal person. I am not a President of any association but just a person who always have BH owners at heart.

If they want to criticize why don't they criticize those Presidents of all those BH owners associations? Those so call Presidents should make their move quickly and talk with JPPD. Organise a meeting now and put forward their views.

If I turn down these invitations, there will be no body to represent all the BH owners.

There is another invitation to present a paper on swiftlet farming in Kedah on Feb 17th, 2009.

I know what they want to hear from me and I know what I wanted to deliver.

Trust me I will put all my efforts and energy for BH owners.

At the same time please remember that I am just an ordinary person who was invited to play some role in Garis Panduan. I have no special powers to twist the decisions but I promise to do my best for the sake of the swiftlet farming. I have to spend my own money and time to give these talks and no single BH owners associations are paying my bills. Yes those Kementerian are not paying my petrol, my toll fees, my professional time, my lodging and my meals. All will be from my pocket.

Please be a bit more supportive and sympathatic with all my efforts.

If the person who love to smear my name is so good then go and meet the Ketua Pengarah of JPPD in KL or in Kedah and bring up the matter yourself? Let see if they will listen to you.

If I am successful it will be good to the industry but if I fail please take note that I have tried my best.

I cannot bring others into the meeting because they might turn the meeting upside down.

We need to be rational and find a win win situation.

Dr Reduan will be there for his papers and I have been asked to put my paper.

If you wish to know what i did during the meeting please call Dr Reduan, tel no 0192197887 (after 17th Feb 2009) and let him tell you how I perform. It is better for you to listen from him then from me. I might be biased.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Harry,

I somehow felt the stress you are going through.
Do your best. God bless.

Regards,
Kenneth(Kuantan)