Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wanted Procedures To Nurse Those Young Birds !!!


"Harry the Sarawak Birdhouse owners are again being harrased by those Perhilitan, the local council, the police and many more. They are forcing into all BHs in Kucing, Miri, Sibu and Bintulu and take away the sound system plus those valuable nests. Many young birds are being thrown on the floor. Can you help to get those guideline on how to nurse the young birds?"

I was in Kedah attending the Kedah Exco briefing on swiftlet farming when Dr Koh of Kucing send me the sms message.

I felt horrible and during tea break I called Dr.Koh and asked me what he wanted me to do. Here they go again killing those protected and endangered species. Last time it was in Mukah and now in four Major Sarawak towns simultaneously.

"I need some write up on how to look after those young birds. I contacted my Australian friend who is familiar with birds but they said they are not suitable for young swiftlets."

I know Mr. Rocky of Taiping who took 45 days to breed 10 young birds until they flew away without saying goodbye and thank you for nursing me. His wife cried for a couple of good days and everyday she keep hoping that one of them will turn up at her front door.
I will ask him a favour to draw up the guideline.

In the meantime I will write a short blog and hopefully there might be some blog readers who can give their assistant.

If you happen to read this article and you do have the write up please call me at 017 755 1318.

No comments: