Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Four Sarawakian Will Be On Swiftlet Tour Starting Tommorrow !!!

"Pak Harry, we have arranged our flight and your helps taking us around showing more about swiftlet farming will be appreciated and of course compensated."

I received the above message from a blog reader from Sarawak. A few days ago he was pleading with me about his wish to come over to Kuala Lumpur for a Swiftlet Tour.

I told him that if he can he need to allocate 2 days of his time and I will quickly prepare an itinerary to full fill his dream.

I told myself that if I can bring them into an operating BH with thousands of nests will do wonders to these guys. He got three other friends with him.

The first day will be a short familiarisation in Rawang Country home. I will show them how to conduct a bird call test.

Then will proceed to Batang Berjuntai for a closer look at another interesting shop houses with lots of swiftlets.

Once that is done, I planned to take them to Sungai Rambai Swiftlet City. This will be the highlight of the morning. Will take them into a BH to see those birds in action. I am sure this will be a great thing to those who have never enter any BH that are in operation.

After Sungai Rambai, planned to visit a number of stand alone BHs in Sekincan. There are at least 10 of them located in the Padi field and the town areas.

My next plan after this is to drive up to Setiawan Perak. I got my good friend who has confirmed allowing me to show his highly populated BH somewhere at a junction in Setiawan.

Will take a good rest in Setiawan hotel for next day adventure.

The next day I already have some works to be carried out in a BH in Ayer Tawar. I will get these visitors to work with me in applying those aromas and fix a new set of external and internal sounds.

Once done I will proceed to Bidor where a very successful BH is totally covered with those plastic netting.

My idea is to let them take some photos and enjoy the view.

When in Tanjung Malim will stop by at Yik Mun pau shop to meet one of my friend who owned a few BH in the town. Who know he might allow us to visit his very successful BH.

Hopefully by 4.00 pm will reach Kuala Lumpur.

Will take lots of photos to prepare for a short report for all my blog readers.

No comments: