Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something New From The Vetarina Department !!!



I happened to visit a nest processing center in Kuala Lumpur.

The owner was on the way back and I set down with his assistant.

She showed me a new book, edition 3, on the Guidelines on Good Animal Husbandry Practise. I managed to flip through and saw some new additions that might be interesting to all BH enthusiasts. Get these new guidelines from Putrajaya Vetarina department.

The moment the owner arrived, he does not looks very happy. It was as if he was strikes by lightning.

I opened my mouth and asked him of any problems.

"Harry I went to the Vetarina Department and they told me that there will be no more licence unless I follow a brand new guidelines."

What is new?

"They wanted me to follow the Food Processing Guidelines that requires a total revamp of my production lines. I just spend RM50,000 a few months ago and now I need to spend at least another RM120,000 for new place with special flooring, stainless steel table and chairs, separate drying room, storage of finished good and raw materials. The air conditioning system must have special filters and so on."

"Hai ya ya ya. Making me very stressed up and wanted to punch someone."

Oh please not me .....

Well this is something new and perhaps this might be very good for the swiftlet farming industry.

With this new ruling I believe all products from Malaysia will be more regulated and gives the world wide customers more confident with our products.

"Yes I agree with the new ruling and I need to follow them but not this month. Perhaps this July 2009."

Good luck to him ....

No comments: