Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Safe And Sound After 5 Hours Drive From Endau, Pahang !!!

Back breaking, tired and need a good bath.

I finaly arrived home from Endau. I took about 5 hours on those small roads until Kuantan.

The journey was damn tiring but happy that I have contributed something in advising three of my blog readers.

The one in Muar, Johor was the toughest. I told him to revamp BH's flight path in total. I don't feel good but that was the only way to get more birds into his sick BH. My intention was to find a solution. I don't want to lie and said what he wanted to hear.

My decision was final and I hope he will think deeply on the suggession.

The one in Mersing, Johor was easier. The unit was beside a very successful BH and the method to pull the birds can be pretty easy.

What he needed is to do minor adjustments, add a few new items or gadgets plus adopt the aroma selection works. If he can find a suitable aroma, I told him that all those young birds generated from his neighbors will move camp. I am not suprised that even those adult birds might follow the same path.

The third unit, in Endau, Pahang, have water leakage problem and internal sound not working.

The BH was a stand alone unit located in a Dragon Fruit's farm. When I was there he was playing my Black Clouds external sound.

After more then half an hour waiting for him to finish giving instruction to his Indonesian farm workers I was allowed to enter his BH.

Huge and high. He uses wood as the staircase to climb from one floor to the other. Good work.

There were a sizable number of birds inside the house.

I think they like the Black Cloud sound.

"Harry, I have installed the Black cloud for almost three weeks. Yes there are quite a sizable numbers. I think there are more nest as compared to before using the Black Cloud."

Good for you, I told him.

The biggest problem he faced was the water leaking. He installed those black PVC water pipes on the wall to cool the house plus to increase the humidity. The trouble is that when they wet the floor the water tend to seap through those small cracks on the floor.

A number of nesting planks below those flooded areas seem to be very wet and stimulate the fungus growth. He wanted to clean all of them.

One very interesting observation were the new petitioning walls which he recently constructed.

"Pak Harry, ever since I installed these patitionings the birds number seem to increased. They like to built their nest close to the petitioning areas."

I fully agreed with him. What he did was to install the petitioning from top to bottom but he leave the last cement board opened. (He missed one layer of those 4'X4' Cement boards). Brilliant ideas and the birds were not bother with the arrangement.

He open another entrance hole on the lower floor. Though smaller then the main door on the roof top, the birds seem to enter from this new hole too.

Before opening the new hole, there were no birds on the lower floors.

One repeat observation that I saw was the effect of internal sound.

While doing the inspection I observed that the birds seem to be crowding in one of the room at the back.

"Pak Harry, why they seem to like staying in this room and not the opposite room?"

Just like before I carefully listen to the internal sound from those tweeters.

Come let me show you why.

I pulled him to the opposite room and I asked him to listen to the internal sound.

"Oh ya Pak Harry there are no sound here. The other room with lots of birds are loud and clear with the internal sound."

So it seem that I answered his question without giving any verbal answer. I am just too good. Frankly I have observed similar phenomena in Bukit Pasir Johor BH. Exactly similar and I am glad that what I make known before is again right. Remember about those zoning suggestions?

"Pak Harry, I really appreciate your observation. I will get my electrician to quickly fix the sound problem."

Well I have enought of looking at BHs and I need to head home.

"Pak Harry please help yourself with the harvested Dragon Fruits in those buckets. Take as many as you want. I feel very proud to have you visiting my BH. Short and beneficial. Hope to meet you in KL to discuss in more details about how to increase the nest population."

I left Endau feeling very contended. The three owners have learned a few tips from me and I got them the visit reports for them to do the needful.

Though my back is hurting but inside me I feel great.

Yes great to help those who are in need of some advise........

No comments: