Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

They Will Not Tell Me Anything !!!



Among all the calls that I received today I love this particular problem.

"Pak Harry, I am Miss L from Sarawak. I need your kind advises. I have three very good friends. The three of us converted one unit each in the same row of shop houses. We are in fact side by side. When we first started my unit was the best. Then recently the unit belonging to one of my friend is taking away all the birds. What should I do?"

Hmm ..... sound like some broken friendship is going to happen.

Why don't you ask your good friend what he did? That will be the best answer.

"Pak Harry, he do not want to share his secrets?"

So since he do not want to share, you are asking me for the answers?

"Yes, please help."

Well since I do not have a chance to visit your BH in person, I can only make some wild guesses. You friend must have secretly applied some new things in his BH. It could be a new sound, a powerful aroma or maybe he engaged a "Bomoh" (spiritual man) to pull all the birds to his BH.

My advise to you is to try with some new sounds plus a powerful aroma for a month of two. See if you can get them to move over to your BH.

If you need a Bomoh, please let me have 2 weeks notice (I was joking with her).

You need to do something and the best is to try something that will get the birds back to your BH.

The second call was from a guy from Trengganu.

"Pak Harry, I need your advises on how to handle these young birds that were found on the floor outside a BH."

How come they were outside the BH?

"It could be the owner entered his BH and these young birds, not ready to take flight, got scared and flew out of the house. The moment they came out they must have be so tired and fall to the floor."

Hmm .... very delicate and I can only tell/advise you what to do.

Take the baby birds carefully and put them in a box. Do not allow the air breeze to blow on them. Close the box and open some small holes at the side of the box. Place a soft piece of clean towel in the box.

You need to feed them with some food. The best is find those flying termites. If you cannot get these termites try those meal worms. You can stop at those pet shops selling birds and buy those meal worms. Get the small one and make sure you remove their shell. Feed the birds and if they refuse to open their mouth you need to carefully force the food into their mouth. Open their mouth and force the food in but make sure you do not injure their mouth. Give them water regularly.

If they accept the meal worms then you are on the way to nurse them until they can fly off within a few weeks. You need to feed them 3 times a day.

Two days before they wanted to fly off they will not accept any food. Don't worry about it.

Be careful and hold them carefully. Best of luck to you.If you should failed please don't blame yourself. It is not eady to nurse these baby birds. Remember your have tried your best...

No comments: