Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Interesting Meeting With A Blog Reader With Three Failed BHs !!!


Last night I met a blog reader who told me that he admired me for all the articles that I wrote in those few blogs on swiftlet farming.

We met at Bangsar Village Coffee Bean just to get to know more about each other.

What I found out about him is something that I would like to share with every body out there.

He is a Civil Engineer and currently in the construction business.

He got himself into swiftlet farming about three years ago by building his own BHs on two pieces of land in Mersing, Endau Rompin and a shop house in Nilai.

He thought that by building a building plus plugging in those sound systems the birds will enter and stays.

While building the first unit he met a 'Sifu' who showed him his credentials in colored photos. So he accepted him as his 'Sifu'.

Once the building was completed he let the 'Sifu' to install all the internals equipment.

After 2 long years there were nothing. Not a single birds in all the three BHs.

Every time he called the 'Sifu' he will gives all kind of excuses to delay his visit for weeks.

In the end he decided to do by himself. So he started to search all the information from the net.

He got hold of my blog and read nearly everything. With the little knowledge plus reading my blog plus some others he managed to turn around the three BHs. Now after one year under his wing the birds enter with no problems.

He thanked me for being so kind with the information and he indicated that I am his "idol". He called me " Bird King".

I told him that I am not a "Bird King" but just a kind blogger who love to share knowledge. There are many out there who are "Bird King". To me people like Dato Beh and John Cheng are the real "Bird Kings".

What he learned he applied to his three BHs and now there are very strong signs of birds coming in and populating the houses.

His secrets were in the installation water spray systems using pipes and spray nozzles ,four feet below the nesting planks, and a few petitions to block those light. He keep the floor wet all the time. They works well according to him.

Well I told him if he wants more birds he need to continue with something new like finding the right aroma for each BH.

He agrees with my ideas and wanted to try try with three samples.

I wish him good luck and hope to meet him again. I hope to continue talking to him or perhaps visit all the three BHs and learn more on what he did. In this way we can share his small secrets with the rest of my blog readers.

No comments: