Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

D'Awesome Trial Run At Kepong BH !!!


Today was my second day rehabilitating the Kepong sick BH.

Managed to get two new partition walls up, installed additional internal tweeters, fake nests and did some cleaning on the nesting planks.

I was very surprised with the amount of dirt on those nesting planks.

It never crossed my mind that those planks are very dirty probably due to those dust from the BH floor. Monday will apply a layer of those aroma on all those planks.

The best was the result of D'Awesome.

At around 4.00pm stop the rehabilitation works and what I wanted to see was how mu new sound works. It was very encouraging.

Most of those wild birds passing by will turn towards the entrance hole and enter into the house.

From 7.00 pm till darkness I tallied about 155 birds on the first day of testing. Well a sick BH with only 12 fully developed nests now have 155 birds. I think the new sound was working.

I am hoping that once the BH was completed with all those heat insulation works completed, there will be more entering and perhaps stays. My only concerned was how long the sound will stay effective???







Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: