Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Swiftlet Farming Is Only For The Rich !!!!

This morning I received an email touching about his subject matter.

One of my blog reader who recently bought a birdcall gadget did a call test at his house and hola there were about 200 birds responded, according to him.

He then touches the subject on the cost to build a good BH which he estimated it to be around 200K to 400K ringgit.

"How many can effort to fork out this big amount of money? Only the rich can effort to own a BH. What about an average income earner like me?"

How interesting and where should you get those money to start your own BH?

In certain way he is dead right. To own one unit yourself is expensive but there are many other ways that you can own a BH.

Look at these options:

1) Rent the top floor of an abandoned shop house and convert it into a BH. The total amount to convert a 20'X70' is only about 30,000. I have one unit in Rawang Country Home on this arrangement. I need to pay about 300 a month for rental and the owner signed a 20 year rental period.

2) Buy an old depilated shophouse and convert the top floor into swiftlet farming. This is the best option since you will own 100% of the building and the monthly harvest. The unit is Sungai Patani which I owned is on this basis. The two stories shophouse was abandoned for almost 20 years. I bought from the owner at about 185K via Public Bank. Then I pumped in about 20K for renovation. Monthly I am paying RM
1040 for morgage.

3) One of the best optioned was to receive a friendly call from a property owner who have an abandoned shophouse and wanted me to be his partner. What he needed was my expertise and financing the conversion. What I did was to locate an investor and let him do the financing and I provide the technical expertise. We go on 50% to the owner of the building, 25% to the funder and 25% to the technical advisor. This was the mode of operation of my BH in Bentong Pahang.

4) Pool together a few good friends, say 10 people, and set a JV company. Each partner will fork in say 10,000 to 40,000. So now you have about 400K. You can easily find a suitable buildings and convert into a BH. If you need any help to locate a suitable unit let me know.

5) Buy an existing BH where the owner wanted to sell off at a cheap price. You can get a bank to finance the purchase of the building base on the qualified surveyor appointed by the bank. You can only finance the building but not those nests already in the BH. In this way you are actually haveing a BH but being financed by a bank.

6) There are many Swiftlet Ecoparks in the country that have special offers where you can get them to arrange for bank financing. Most of these ecopark developers do have a kind of JV arrangements with the state development boards. Once the state are involved you have a safe investment. They will normally help to get the appropriate operating lisences. The only setback is that they give you an empty building and you need to finance the conversion yourself. But as long as the bank finance you, you have no need to fork out the total cost to buy the building.

7) Some Swiftlet Ecopark developer do offer a kind of Joint Ownership scheme. They pool about 50 - 150 people to own the BH. In this way you only need to buy one lot of the share. Each lot is around sat 5,000 and you may want to buy more then one share. Some allows you to view the progress of the BH nest population by online viewing of those pictures captured by those CCTV cameras running on a 24 hours basis. Once the BH is populated and harvested you will be getting equal amount of income less the monthly maintenance cost.

8) If you already have a piece of land somewhere outside the town and there is a small house where there is adequate supply of pipe water and electricity, you can actually built a wooden, build on stilt, BH. The cost can be as low as 30K-50K complete with those planks and sound system.

9) I came across a company who actually help people to own BH where they get about three to four people to invest and they will find suitable abandon shop houses to convert and manage for these investors. Minimum investment is about 20K.

I am sure there are many other methods in getting involved in swiftlet farming at low cost. You need to open your eyes and ears on such an opportunities.

If you need to get more informations on any of the above please let me know. Call 017 755 1318 or email to this address harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

Every investment type do have its risks. You need to gauge yourself which one you are able to buy with minimum risks.

If you need any help please email your request to harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

Reply from the blog reader who initialy said that he cannot affort to own one:

Dear Pak Harry,

I'm very gratefull that you take it seriuosly of my concern by writing it on your blog. Thanks..

And also I would like the thank you for so many info that open up my brain and help me start to think again..

Pak Harry, can you provide me more details about eco park that provide JV? do u have contact no?

Last time time I went thru a website that provide alot of bh for sale info..but now i lost it, do u knw any?

I think I should do some small investment first to slowly get myself into this industry and learn thru hands on..and 1 day afford to own a BH..

thank & br
Ng PK

No comments: