Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A New Twist On Yelling On The Rooftop !!!

I was on the way to Raub, Pahang and while driving called the "RoofTop Yeller".

I was curious to ask him the exact words he uses when he make those nasty yelling on the top of his BH.

"Harry in view of the 1Malaysia concept I yelled in all the languages of the Malaysian ethnic.

In English was like this: Hei you M***** F****. I spend so much money to built this BH for you and this is what you do to me. I giving you this last chance to enter this BH. If not I am going to get those short gun and shot at you one by one. You better do or else you will regret for the rest of your life.

Then in Chinese: Chow C*** B**** lu, Lu Ma Ka hai , and so on and on and on.

Then in Malay: Celaka punya burung saya bikin rumah lu tak mau masuk. Kasi lu last chance. Kalau u masih tak masuk saya tembak lu satu demi satu.

Then in Indian: Dai, Pundek, Chunik, Ina ra. and on and on and on.....

The best was that after three months away in Melbourne, Australia I came back and saw two nests were up."

I think it works and I am going to do that every time I visit my BH."

So which languages did they understood?

"I think one of them."

He he he he I found this was amusing and I smile all the way to Raub.

In Raub I managed to drop by at one of BH which I was looking after and did the need full. I think some of those old tweeters in the entrance areas were all dead. Need to bring some during my next trip.

Apply one of the aroma I brought with me and replaced those old sounds.

I am happy to see that there were more new nests and lots of birdshit marking on the roving areas walls.

I told myself to drop by at the later part of the day once I am free...

My main reason to drive 2.5 hours from KL to Raub was to make an inspection of a sick BH.

The BH was about 3 kilometers out of Raub town, a standalone, about 22 feet by 80 feet and three stories high.

After about 12 months in operation only two miserable nests.

The owner wanted to know why and what will be the best solutions.

He already spend about 300,000 ringgit with a number of changes made hear and there.

"Harry I need your help and try to do them as soon as you can."

Looking into his eyes I know how he feel after spending 300K and nothing to harvest or even to look forward to.

Mr.Y I will try to do my best and let us look at the problems.

First I surveyed the external view of the BH. Not bad and lots of things were done to protect the top floor (asbestos roof) and the walls facing the west (evening sun).

The owner also have those hexagonal tower installed.

The bad thing was that there was not a single bird flying around the entrance hole.

Hmm..... the sound used seem to be no longer effective.

Mr.Y when was the external sound being changed?

"Hmm long time ago maybe 6 months ago and I can't exactly remember when."

Your external sound is bad and I think you need something new.

I entered the BH and the first thing that I saw was two amplifiers with wrong setting on its knobs and those little adjusters.

Hmm ..... this is very common at every failed BH. The owner and the consultan do not actually have the faintest ideas on what to set on the amplifiers so that the sound are clear and attractive.

The moment I step into the house I saw those chicken coop conventional humidifiers on the floor blowing away the water droplets all around. The floors were wet and I told myself that I am very sure the nesting planks are full of those white fungus.

Of yes, lots of them and more are growing. I told him to quickly switch them off and let me inspect the planks one by one.

The ventilation holes were all opened and as usual the internal air temperature and Humidity was almost the same at the outside air.

How come you open all the ventilation holes?

"My contractor was responsible for that. He opened and I do not argue with him."

He was right in one way but wrong in the real sense. He should have some idea what those ventilation holes will do harm to his 300K BH.

I went upstairs and the most important was the entrance hole, the roving areas and the flight path. I did some sound checked on those tweeters at the entrance hole. They need replacement. Most of them are not working or noisy with cracking sounds.

The flight path need some minor adjustment but the entrance hole seem to give orientation difficulties to those birds. I sense that due to the wind direction the wild birds have difficulties to orientate their flying path to enter the hole.

The entrance hole was also too big almost 4 feet by 5 feet. Need to cut it down to the most 2.5 feet by 3 feet.

Tweeters playing the external sound in the building were not enought and are not able to lure those birds to the floors that the owner wanted to.

The chicken coop humidifiers seem to wet the floors and some of those nesting planks on the lower floor were wet and encouranging the fungus to grow.

The orientation of the internal sound tweeters were not proper.

All the ventilation holes were opened wide.

There were no PVC pile to minimise the lights coming out of the elbows.

No partitioning at all.

Hmm .... very interesting and lots of things to digest and come out with some recommendations.

Before adjurning to a coffee shop I inserted my special sound "BlockBuster" just to see what will happen.

The moment I played, there were not less then 20 birds at the entrance area. Most of them start to enter the hole.

I got him to the side and let him observe the action.

He smiled and I know that smile must be that satisfaction to see something new after a very lull period of more then 6 months with no birds flying around and above the BH.

I guess this will make his day and got those list of things to upgrade at the coffee shop.

"Pak Harry thank you very much and please stay back for dinner."

I accepted the offer and told him that the BH was not that bad but with some minor modification it will be okay.

Those who have similar syndrome (empty BH syndrome) please call this number 017 755 1318.

Oh yes I sqeezed my time to drop by the BH which I applied those aroma. There were plenty of birds circling the rooftop areas. I called the owner and he was happy to see the action too.

No comments: