Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Owner Wanted A New Layer of Bricks Inside His BH ???



"Pak Harry I need to see you today to discuss those things which you recently recommended to do on the sick BH in Raub town."

Okay I am on the way back from Putrajaya and let us meet somewhere convenient to you.

"I am now in Balakong, can you drop by on your way back to KL?"

Sure I will find my way there.

Actually I forgot where was this place called Balakong? Hmm maybe towards Kajang. I actually got my road maps screwed up and lost my way. Stopped at one of the Petrol station and asked where is Balakong?

Hmm they gave some idea and off I go. Maybe it is near the Mine. Yes it is closed to the Mine City.

Finally met Mr.Lai from Raub who happened to visit a friend in Balakong. He was assigned to carry out the necessary revamp works on a failed BH in Raub, Pahang.

Yes what can I do to help you and the sick BH owner to modify his BH?

"Pak Harry, yesterday when we inspected the BH, the room temperature was closed to 40*C and the owner wanted me to build another new bricks layer with some air gap in the middle. What do you suggest?"

No I don't think that will be a very good idea. Why I am against it is the cement smell created. The moment the new bricks are up you need to put those cement plaster on it. This will cause the whole house be infected by cement smell. Those birds will not like it.

The best is to place a layer of insulation materials made of bubble sheet laminated with those aluminium foil. You need to find the right sheet and not those pirated materials that will defeat the purpose.

I did some test a few weeks ago with the manufacturer and I am pretty convinced that it will cool down the BH.

The sheet comes in rolls and very easy to carry around and install. You need less then a week to put them in place and your BH will be with little or no cement smell.

I took a small sample from my car and sketched the method of installation. He need to install some wood frames and lay the sheet on in allowing a small air gap in between. To prevent the sheet from any tearing place a cement board on it.

Try to drill some small holes to drain those hot air out of the gap.

This will do good and I will be at the site when you start the installation I told him.

Those who do have the same High Temperature problem, please call 017 755 1318 for more details on how to get the materials and installation. You can DIY if you wish to.

No comments: