Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It Looks Easy But Those Birds Simply Shy Away From This 5 Stars BH !!!


I was on the road again. This time I scheduled to visit a small town called Trong then to Ayer Tawar and final destination Kg Koh, Perak.

I took 3 solid hours to reach Trong from Kuala Lumpur. A very small town with only three rows of old shophouses of perhaps five each.

It was for birdcall test work that was earlier booked by Mr.S.

Mr.S works with waste treatment company in Ipoh and have a piece of property that he wanted me to evaluate.

After about two hours chatting, birdcall test, site inspection, durian eating and a short trip to Kuala Trong I told him that he needed to conduct more test if he wanted to dump in 250K rm. Better to go on a smaller scale like converting an old house that looks okay to me.

He will decide on the matter soon and I told him that I will be always available to make sure that the project will be successful.

Once completed I make my way to Ayer Tawar, Perak. I got a sick BH that I was asked to turn around. The BH was empty for almost 1.5 years and now, after about 4 months there seem to be lots of activities in it.

Entered and did some birdshit inspection. There were many on the floors and there were also birds flying around.

I did my normal aroma spray and change those sounds. Spend a bit of time to see the birds movements at the entrance hole. I was satisfied that the new "Fabulous Medley" do pull those wild birds into the house.

Oh yes...they seem to like the sound very much.

Left the place and make my last destination to visit a 1 years old BH with not a single occupant.

The owner met me in Petaling Jaya a few weeks ago. He explained his predicament. I told him that I can only make my judgement after I visit his BH.

After a three hours close observation plus using my "Fabulous Medley" I told him that there is nothing major with his sick BH. What he needed is some modification with those tweeters, the amplifiers, additional entrance hole playing different sounds and perhaps rearrange the positioning of those internal tweeters.

The house also need lots of fresh birdshits and soundless humidifiers.



The strange thing about this BH is the perfect location. The BH is about 100 meters from the most successful BH in Malaysia. Every morning and evening there will be about 10,000 birds passing above and beside the unit. Every four months the birds number will increase by 100%.

So how come they refuse to stay in this 5 stories building?

My conclusion is fine tuning. The owner though that it was very easy at first but he now realised that there are lots of fine tuning plus good sounds to made available all the time.

After plugging in my "Fabulous Medley" he saw the different.

I chided that the sound will only pull those birds in but there are lots of fine tuning that I need to do for the BH.

I hope he will decide his next move soon.

I am very excited on this beautiful and strategic located BH. The best building with not a single nest after 12 months in operation.

Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: